EP 25 (pt 1)

Fix This

When you know you’ve broken the rule, you feel ashamed of yourself. You’re suddenly at a position where you ask yourself how and why did you let that mistake happen. And now that you’re facing a situation you never once thought will occur in your life, you wanted to push everyone out.

Including the one who truly cares.

That’s what’s going on in Jennie’s head while she stares back at the man whom she loves the most.

“Jen-jen, what’s going on?” Wonwoo asked trying to understand his fiancé.

Jennie broke away from the eye contact and went passed him. Their view was an overlooking of the night sky of Seoul and if this was a different situation, it would have been romantic.

“Nothing’s sure yet, so you don’t have to be concerned about anything.” She scoffed as she tries to dismiss the tension.

“Then why do I feel like I should be?”

Wonwoo followed her and made her face him.

“Hey, look at me. I can’t help you if you won’t tell me.”

Before, Jennie thought boys only come into a girl’s life to make her heart flutter but she never thought that some boys can even exceed her expectations of them.

She sighed and try not to shed a tear before looking up to him.

“After our trip to New Zealand, I wasn’t feeling well. I thought I got motion sickness and I suddenly began throwing up the minute we got to the airport...and these days I’m having terrible mood swings and cravings…”

Wonwoo was still clueless about what she’s talking about. And Jennie knew this by reading his facial reaction.

She has to tell him now before he learns it from the others. And he was right, he can’t help her if she won’t tell. If there’s one thing she learned about her past relationship, it’s that good communication is important.

“Like I said, nothing’s sure yet.”

“What do you mean nothing’s sure yet? Are you sick or something, you look pale.” He asks concerned about her. He felt her forehead and her neck to check her temperature.

“I’m not sick. But I might be pregnant.” She said shutting her eyes off scared about his response.

Wonwoo thought he was the kind of guy who will never get surprised about surprises. But when Jennie told him that, he felt a dozen of emotions came to him.

It took a while before he recovered. When both of them had confirmed their feelings for each other, it got difficult to control themselves of urges. That’s why when they got some alone time back in New Zealand, it ended up like an advanced honeymoon.

He remembered one night when they went out for a date. They came home very happy and then after a few glasses of wine, he found himself kissing her passionately on the bed. They weren’t drunk but they felt like doing it in the moment.

When they got back to Korea, he thought they’ll be more attuned with each other but his fear that she might distance herself from him after what happened came true. He didn’t know what to do with her and he was scared that if he forced her to come to him, she’ll distance herself more.

He was still looking at her face when he realized that he might actually be a father soon.

And for a second he knew he loved her more after what he just learned. He pulled her into a hug and reminded her of something.