EP 16

Come Clean

Taehyung got his clothes on and went up his rooftop to check on his friends. After his date with Lisa he got back to his normal temperature, feeling the cold early dawn of October 13, 2016. When he got to the last step, he saw his friends ganging up on Jungkook.

“What else are you not telling us Jungkookah?” Jin pursed, his arms crossed.

“Why is everyone mad at JK?” Taehyung muttered to Hobi.

“We found out that he’s smoking.”

Taehyung gasped and looked at Jungkook.

“Not only that but we found a pot stick on his pocket. Jin Hyung was furious I thought I saw his eyes turned red in anger.”

Taehyung glared at Jungkook and reacted the same way as Namjoon when the latter found out about JK’s bad habits.

“Hey Jungkook, how’d you even get started?!?” He growled.

“Guys, aren’t you all overreacting? Come on, it’s my birthday. We’re not supposed to be fighting.” Jimin stressed pushing his hair back trying to make peace with his friends.

“Don’t suuck up to him Jimin!” Suga retorted.

“I’m not!”

Jungkook palmed his face and sighed. “Alright alright! I’ll come clean.”

The hyungs listened to their maknae as he starts explaining where and how it began. His smoking started when his uncle began taking over his life. He felt pressured and paranoid that it became difficult for him to sleep at night. And then it just happened. The thing that started occasionally became so often. He couldn’t even bother talking to his friends about it because every time Jungkook tried to, they were always busy.

“You said earlier that you’re learning to quit…how is that going for you?” Suga asked spinning the lighter between his fingers.

“Yeah…I uh, started since a few weeks ago. Jungyeonie helped me…and I actually got Seo into covering up for me. S-sorry Hobi Hyung.” JK said talking about that time Seo saved him from being completely caught by Hobi.

“Tch. Now you’re saying sorry because you’re caught. How long did you think you can keep this from us Jungkookah? I know we’re busy, some of us even have girlfriends but…we’re practically brothers. Don’t you have faith in us? Do you belittle our friendship?” Hobi asked seriously.

“What were you thinking Jungkookah?” Taehyung said lazily looking at JK. “And what’s with the pot?”

“Okay, look that I’m not guilty of. I can’t remember much but I was forced to take it. I told you some kids at school are after us. Mingyu can attest to that!” Jungkook explained worried that his friends might not forgive him.

“Hey Jungkook, when you got there at that club, who were there with you?” Namjoon asked curiously.

“There was Bambam and that popular guy from your Department…”

“What’s that boy doing in there?” Taehyung said to himself talking about Bambam.

“Dongho?” Namjoon said to JK guessing who this person was.

“No, the other one…”

“Er…Moonbin?”

“No…I forgot his name. Anyway, there are those two…I swear I never thought there’d be students like that in our school. If you ask me, it’s almost as if they were frat guys.”