Late Night Visitor♡

The clinking of the dishes and whistling are the only sounds heard from the kitchen. It has been a prolonged day and you're definitely ready to be sedentary in your bed for the rest of the evening.

Your coworkers have gone home, leaving you alone with the dirty dishes. Drying the last plate, you put it away along with the rest of the now pristine dishes. "Phew, finally done!" Just as you're untying your apron, you hear a chime.

"Hello?"

Poking your head out, your eyes flicker to the male who's looking around the café. Upon spotting you, a charming smile adorn his face. "Hey, this place is still open right? The paper posted on the door says so, but.."

An apologetic smile make its way to your face. "A waiter made a mistake; we actually closed a couple minutes ago. Sorry about that, I forgot to take it down." You make a mental note to take down the paper before you leave.

"Ah, I see." A light laugh pass his lips. "Do you possibly know a nearby café that's open at this time?" he questions with expectant eyes. Gesturing to his black messenger bag, he proceeds. "Preferably a quiet one so I can concentrate on work."

Shaking your head, you once again send the same apologetic smile and hang your apron on the burgundy hanger. He heaves a jaded sigh and heads to the door. "No worries, have a good rest of your evening!"

For some reason, you felt somewhat bad. You certainly want to go home and doze away but seeing that this male is in search of a muted place to work, you're considering to stay up for a bit. "Wait. How long do you need?"

He promptly turns around. "Just thirty minutes."

You ponder for a moment before nodding. "Okay, you can work here! I don't mind staying here for a while longer."

"Thank you.." he mumbles unsurely, waiting for your response.

"(Y/N), and you are?"

A sign of recognition is evident on his face. "Oh, I knew you looked familiar! You're the girl in my first period class, right?"

"Yes..?" you reply with uncertainty. To be fair, there are a lot of students in your first period class.

"Oh, it's fine haha! I sit in the very back and don't participate much in that class. I'm (C/N), (C/N) (C/L/N)."

(C/N) settles in a seat and promptly begins to type away on his laptop. With some dubiousness, you slowly ask, "So.. why did you want to work here instead of your dorm?"

"My dorm mate has friends over right now. I couldn't work since they were being so loud. So, I thought.. why not a café? I'm glad that I came across this place."

A barely audible sound erupts from his stomach; it sounds like a dying whale. Pink crawl up his cheeks as he sheepishly smiles. "S-Sorry.."

"Would you like dessert with coffee?" you question with a light laugh.

(C/N) promptly nods, "Yes please. Thank you!"

♡-♡-♡-♡

"Here you go!" You present a decadent cake and a cup of freshly brewed coffee.

The student pat his pockets as his face contort into confusion. "Shoot..! I think I left my wallet in my room."

"No worries! Free of charge. Just don't tell on me." If your boss finds out, well.. you'll surely get fired.

"Thanks! I owe you one!" He devours the cake in two bites. "Did you make this?"

"No problem! Just helping out a fellow college student. And yeah, I did!" You are quite surprised that he enjoys the simple cake you made; of course, it was made this morning and you just reheated it up.

"You should definitely make me a whole cake tomorrow." He shuts his laptop and slings his messenger bag over his shoulder. With the same charming smile from when you first set your eyes on him, he bids you a farewell and in a blink of an eye is out the door.

"He didn't take a sip of the coffee.."