Lightly Incident♡ ~Christmas Special~

The fire nearby crackles, warming up the whole room. The yellow, orange, and red fuse together to cast a warm glow on your beaming face.

Rummaging through the shambolic box, you pick up various ornaments: gingerbreads, stars, and candy canes. "Will these do?" you ask, taking a gander at your husband.

He regards you with a smile. "That will do!"

As you're hanging up the ornaments, a ding resonates from the kitchen. Rising from your sedentary position, you head to the kitchen. "I'll be back! The cookies are calling for me!"

"You? How about us, Mom? Sharing is caring!" your son says as he stands up as well, rushing to the kitchen.

"Make sure Mom doesn't eat all of the cookies, kid!" (C/N) hollers. He chuckles to himself, shaking his head.

♡-♡-♡-♡

"Mom, really?"

"Yes, really." You wait for him to take the speck of cookie on your outstretched hand. "Hello? The cookie speck is waiting."

(Son's Name) roll his eyes and takes the speck. He smashes it between his forefinger and thumb. "Not anymore."

You send him a grin and put him in a headlock. Your knuckle is pressed against his hair as he's struggling to get out of your grasp. "Mooooom!" he whines. "I'm sorry for killing the cookie speck, alright?"

"You better be," you mumble and release him.

He glowers at you and rubs the back of his neck. "Sheesh Mom. Are you trying to kill me or something?"

"Weeeeell.."

His eyes widen as he steps back. "You have to have time to think about it?!"

"I'm just kidding honey," you tweak his cheek before continuing, "you know I love you!"

"Riiiiight.."

"HELP!" a frantic shout erupts from the living room. "(Y/N)? (S/N)? Anybody?!"

(S/N) rushes to the source of the cry with you swiftly following behind. "How on earth..?" he murmurs, rubbing his temple. "Dad.. how."

I can't believe I actually married this man.

Multi-colored Christmas lights are wrapped around his body; one can tell it's evident that he started to hang the lights around the tree, but abruptly stopped due to the - what you find to be amusing - incident.

"I guess you could say this is lightly to happen to Dad." (S/N) flashes a grin. "Hey..! That's a pretty good one! Good job me!" He takes a notepad out of his hoodie pocket and scribbles the pun down.

"Write this one down too while you're at it." You stare at (C/N). "You light up my world."

"Like nobody else.."

"Huh, this sounds a little familiar.." (C/N) pretends to ponder. "Ah, yes.. that one time when we were at the grocery store and you were singing a song."

"Please don't talk about middle school me." (S/N) winces. "Not a good time."

"Remember that time when you-"

"Daaaad!"

"Middle school you is way better than high school you."

"How so?"

"Well for one: you were a lot cuter."

"Dad."

"Two: you were more punny!"

"I'm still punny! Hellooo.. do you not see this notepad? I made lots of puns throughout this year!"

"Three: high schoolers just suck!"

"Dad, hear me out. Some people at my school not only kiss every second of the day, but they also stand in the middle of the freaking hallway, are two-faced, and the list goes on. High schoolers these days.. I swear. I'm one of the few decent ones."

"I was joking, you know. You're still cute and punny. But reason 3 still stands based on your list there."

"Whatever, Dad.." (S/N) mumbles as his lips tug into a small smile.

♡-♡-♡-♡

Merry Christmas! Hope you all had a good one. I tried to make this one-shot long since I haven't been updating consistently.

-iJustAFangirl