Odd Costume♡ ~Halloween Special~

Earlier, you and (C/N) were rummaging through Halloween-themed bowls. The Shippers have numerous seasonal candy bowls; from dancing witches to smiling snowmen, there are various designs. Spiders and cobwebs adorn the large, black bowl you two settled on.

"The bowl is right in front of you, yet you still missed!" (C/N) laughs heartily. Mrs. Shipper purses her lips and - in a sheepish state - scoops the fallen candies into the bowl. You join in, helping the female.

Mr. Shipper chimes in with (C/N). "You excel in a lot of things, darling. But pouring candies into a bowl is clearly not one of them. Leave it to the kids next time, alright?"

She puts her husband and (C/N) in a headlock. "You two... stop teasing me! The bag ripped even more and my grip on the bag changed!" She releases them and eyes the two warily, expecting for more remarks to spew out.

"Yeeeeah... blame it on the bag..." Mr. Shipper mumbles. He receives a pinch on the cheek in return. "Ow, I'm sorry!" Leaning into (C/N)'s ear he whispers, "Women are crazy. Don't mess with them."

"No kidding. I have to deal with h-... houses," he rapidly says upon meeting your gaze. You and Mrs. Shipper take a gander at one other and laugh.

The doorbell rings, signaling - possibly - the trick-or-treaters. "We'll be in the kitchen making dinner! There is another bag of candy on the table if you need more for the evening. Have fun, kiddos!" Mr. Shipper chirps.

You mosey toward the door with the candy bowl as (C/N) trails behind. A horrifying doll-like girl appears at the doorway with a moaning zombie and a ghost. "Trick or treat!" they chorus.

"Awesome Annabelle costume, Annabelle! Your zombie and ghost friends are looking great too!" the male behind you exclaims. The three thank him in unison. You throw some candies into their glow-in-the-dark pumpkin buckets. Once again, they thank in unison.

"Did you guys practice doing that?" you question.

"Nope!" Annabelle utters. She hums in thought, seemingly ruminating on something significant. But knowing her, you have a feeling that what's about to come out of her mouth is going to be inane.

"What are you guys supposed to be anyways?" she asks after a while. Before either of you could answer, she interjects. "There's a little girl standing in between you guys, so I'm guessing parents? That's an odd Halloween costume, but I ship you guys so I'm all for it!"

You turn around, eyes traveling down to meet a pair of twinkling eyes and a lopsided grin. (C/N)'s little sister is wearing her costume: a slice of cake with a silver fork as the hat. A warm smile grace your face as you squish her cheeks. (C/N) flicks the fork atop his sibling's head, laughing. "You finally woke up from your slumber huh?"

"They're definitely dressed as parents," the trio of kids murmurs in unison.

♡-♡-♡-♡

I hope you darlings had a fantastic Halloween! I just passed out candies, so nothing too exciting.

-iJustAFangirl