Chapter 1

ELLA’S P.O.V

“Come on in, sweetie. Welcome to the house.” 

I followed Mrs. McDonough come into their mansion.  It’s a lovely big one actually.

“Boys, come down here for a second please!”  She stepped at the middle of the stairs, yelling upstairs.

Not a single 5 minutes, three boys came up and hugged their Mom excitedly.  It made sense because Mrs. McDonough was going to pick me up yesterday.  And by the time she wasn’t home, the boys arrived from the tour.  So they haven’t met each other yet since that.

“Meet Ella; she’s going to help me handling the house and going to be your new friend.  Be good to her okay?”

“Hey,” I spoke to no one in particular.

“Hey I’m Toby!”  The tallest one greeted me warmly and pulled me already into a hug.  “Think we can be great friends!”

“Think so, thanks lot.”  I replied his smile.  “And hi guys, I’m Ella.”

“Yeah I heard that before.  Riley.”

“Connor,”

They shook my hand in a rude way.  What’s their problem around this first 15 minutes though?

“So, Ella, you’re going to sleep at the guest room.  This way please.”  Mrs. McDonough – thankfully – broke the silence between me and the other two rude boys over here.

“This is your room.  I’ve decorated it myself, hope you like it.”

“Thanks so much, Ma’am.  This is too perfect.”  I looked around the entire room.  There’s black and white wallpaper on the upper side of my large bed, a comfy couch, big dresser, a bathroom of my own, and all white furniture I just loved it so much. 

“Riley, Connor, bring Ella’s stuff please?”  She yelled to the boys as they rolled their eyes.  “Oops, I got it!”  Toby replied his Mom and brought along my bag.  I felt sorry for him.

“Sorry I just can take it by myself.”

“Don’t mention it, El.”

Mrs. McDonough hugged his youngest son from her side and spoke back to me.  “Take your time to unpack this,” She pointed on my bag, smiled warmly.  “And meet me at the kitchen whenever you ready.”

They both were about to leave me alone, before Mrs. McDonough turned around, followed by Toby by her side.

“And just tell these boys if you need something.”

“I understand, Ma’am.”  I answered politely and bowed my head a bit.

“Ella, call me Mom.  I don’t compromise.”  She goggled to me playfully.

“Okay Mom, thanks again.”

I smiled to both of them as they were leaving me. I went inside my new room.

“Okay, Ella…”  I mumbled looking around the room.  This was where I would spend like my whole life, with Mom, Toby, and…the other two boys.