Chapter 33

ELLA’S P.O.V

“Have you gotten your mask?”

“Done,”

“Perfect.  Let’s come inside.”  Toby asked me to wrap my arm around his arm, and we walked together to the prom as a couple.

“A bit weird to have a date which is older than me…”  He chuckled and I hit his wrist.  “Watch out young man, I’m good at slapping people.”

“Aw!”

“Try it again?”

“Nah…”  He pouted which is cute so I pinched his cheek.  Sorry again, Toby.

We walked down the hall where everyone was.  They were all wearing masks.  Toby said that Riley and Connor were already here but I couldn’t see them.  Never mind though, it’s masquerade ball however, you should haven’t recognized people because that's the point of wearing mask.

“Okay I’ll get you something, stay right here.”  Toby said and he left me at the corner of the stairs.

“LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WELCOME TO THE BEST MASQUERADE BALL IN TOWN!  I’M YOUR HOST RIGHT HERE, HELLO!  SO TO LET YOU KNOW, WE WILL HAVE TWO DANCE ROUNDS, AND YOU ALL HAVE TO DANCE!  FIND YOUR PARTNER AND GET DOWN HERE TO THE DANCE FLOOR!”

I was looking for Toby because this was going to start soon.  I was definitely not okay to dance with random guys.  It’s my school prom I knew, but I wasn’t comfortable with it.

“HIT IT!”

I walked here and there tried to find Toby but he’s out of my sight.  I finally sit at one of free tables at the corner of the room, watched people dance.  It was Jazmine Sullivan’s Bust Your Windows Out played by the band.  So masquerade ball.

“Mind to dance with me?”  A guy – of course with the mask – gave me his hand.

“No, sorry…”  I said politely.

“Please.”

I looked at him in the eyes and finally took his hand.  He led me to the floor.  This should be fine.  I was going to be fine.  He’s just one of my friends back in school right?  He took my hand and wrapped my waist, so I knew I should put mine around his neck.  So that’s the position.  We slowly danced.  It was beautiful I should admit.  He was spinning me around and grabbed my waist again, along with the music.  I thought I felt special.  My eyes were still looking for Toby.  Oh, finally, he was there, at my table, smirking.  Great Toby, you’d pay for this.

“SO HERE’S THE RULE I DIDN’T TELL YOU YET.  YOU ARE ALLOWED TO OPEN YOUR DANCE PARTNER’S MASK FOR A MINUTE AND PUT IT ALL AGAIN UNTIL THE NEXT DANCE ROUND.  HAVE FUN!

“Uh…sorry…  It’s okay if you don’t want me to open yours.”  I mumbled.

“I don’t mind.”  He smiled through the mask and I replied him a simple one.

 “I’LL COUNT IN THREE…TWO…ONE…NOW!”

We slowly revealed each other’s face…

“Con…nor?”

“Hey,” He kissed me on the lips, and top of my left hand, gave me my mask, took his mask from my hand, and walked away.  A second please…