Chapter 2

ELLA’S P.O.V

I unpacked my stuff pretty quick; I didn’t want to make Mom wait any longer.  Once it’s done, I made my way to the kitchen.  My room was downstairs right beside the living room, when the rest had the ones upstairs. 

“Oh El, you’ve done unpacking?”  Toby called me from inside the fridge.  I meant he was first looking at me but buried his face inside the fridge after that; looking for something he was, I guess.

“Yeah, all is done.”

“Why didn’t you call me?  Though you’re tired I could just help you.”

“Nope, I don’t need that.”  I stick my tongue popping the ‘P’.  “Oh, where’s Mom?”

“Oh kitchen, she’s waiting for you.”

“Thanks!”

“Okay!”

I walked to the kitchen.  Another large part in the house, and there was Mom cleaning the sink. 

“Mom, let me do that.”  I stopped her.

“Oh, no need.  It’s nothing El.  Okay come here I want to show you something.”

She showed me every part and equipment all around kitchen; the stove, microwave, bowls, cups, list of food the boys loved to eat, what’s on the fridge, where they always left a note, and Tank the dog’s bunk and his supply.  Once it’s done, we’re going to the washing area, where I could find the washing machine and laundry bin.  Mom showed me the garage, where they parked their cars.  Mr. McDonough was there washing his car. 

“Hey Ella, welcome home, feel free to do anything.”  He pulled me to his warm hug.

“Thanks Sir.”

“What?  I can’t hear you.”

“Um…thanks…Dad.”

“That way sweetie,” he smiled to me and continued what he’s doing.

“So that’s it, El.  That’s all we got downstairs.  We’re going to cook together as long as we can, or maybe I just ask you to prepare some breakfast to the boys.  That’s all.  But other than that, we’ll do it together.”

“Anything and anytime Mom, glad I can help.”

“You’re so sweet,” she pinched my nose.  “Let’s go upstairs and see what the boys have in their room.”

I nodded and followed Mom upstairs.

“Connie, honey, could you please open your room?  I need to show Ella.” 

“What?”  He gave me that kind of look from head to toe and rolled his eyes; you got me right? 

“Con,” this time Mom’s giving him the death glare.  “Okay Mom okay.”

He opened the room and let me in.  It’s pretty large, a bit larger than mine.  I saw guitars and a small keyboard at the corner, large bed in the middle of the room, and the rest was usual.  He arranged the room well done and pretty clean. And it surprised me, I should admit.

“That's enough.”  He rudely asked me to go out.  “Love you Mom, I’m going to shower!”

“Sorry for that, El.  He just tired because of the tour.”  Mom said sorry even if it’s not her fault.

“Riley! You’re…”

“Okay, Mom!”  He ran toward us and opened the room.

Riley got the same exact room with his brother.  There’s a little mess, but not so much.  I came in and started to clean the mess; I took the throw-here-and-there tees all around the room and put it inside the laundry bin.  They had one bin upstairs at the corridor, other than the one downstairs.

“Thanks.”  He said in short and ignored me again.

“Okay sweetie and this one is Toby’s.  Hey baby, you’re there?”  Mom knocked the door as we heard his sleepy voice answered us.

“Oh hi Mom, Ella, come on in.”  Mom gave a sign for me to come in.  Now I knew; they had all the same exact large bedrooms.  There were snapbacks hanging on the wall attracted my eyes.  This McDonough’s pretty creative.

“You like it?”  He came closer to me as I was still staring at the wall.

“You’re creative, little man.”  I laughed a bit.

“I’m the little man?  Look who’s talking.”

He tickled me everywhere as I burst out laughing and Mom stopped us before I seriously lost my breath.