Chapter 12

CONNOR’S P.O.V

Couldn’t help but kiss her, that’s all I could explain to you all.

I ran to my room and locked the door, took the deepest breathe, and threw my body to the bed.  That kiss though…  She wasn’t my first kiss – if that’s not obvious – but it was definitely one of the best kisses I’ve ever had.  It was so surreal.  And I need to stop.

I slept for half an hour but received a text from Riley which said the sports have done and I need to pick them up.  I changed for a minute, because I haven’t yet, and drove the car to school.

“Yo bro, why took so long?”  Toby jumped to the passenger side, leaving Riley at the back.

“I was sleeping,”

“Wow such an athlete.”  Riley rolled his eyes.

“I’m not an athlete.”

“So hey how’s Ella, she’s good?”

“Yeah she gets better.  Mom asked her to take a rest until dinner time.”  I said in a plain tone.

“Whoa, here’s the thing.  I’m glad to see you both care for her.  That’s the way things should be, bro.  This way is better.”

Then we got no answers from anybody, not from me, neither from Riley.

“Awkward…”  Toby mumbled.

“Okay stop.  Going to Starbucks, shall we?”  I offered them.

“OH YEAH!!!” 

I sipped my Starbucks on the way home.  Oh, this time, Toby insisted to drive so I let him.  I was at the passenger side accompanied Toby, and Riley was staying at the back.

“Connor, you spaced a lot.”  Riley broke the silence.

“No way, I count the trees.”

“You need to find a doctor Con, it’s 2014 and that reason didn’t exist anymore.”  Toby laughed so hard.  Yeah I just realized how lame my excuse was.

Thank God we’re home before the two clowns started to make a fun on me again.  I meant I didn’t blame them; I was just thinking about the kiss over and over again.  I couldn’t brush it off.  And by that fact, I love it.