Chapter 11

ELLA’S P.O.V

It was the most awkward moment ever exist on earth.  Connor…kissed me, on the lips.  We’re kissing for couple minutes at the park bench, and you know, I didn’t know what to say.

“We’re home,” Connor opened the door for me once we entered the house. 

“Over here sweetie,” Mom yelled from the kitchen.  She cooked something.  “Hey…  Ella???  What happened to you???”  Mom suddenly ran toward me and held my face, looked concernedly.

“You remember one of Riley’s friends named Mandy, Mom?”  Connor threw his bag on the couch and joined us at the kitchen.

“Oh that girl, I guess I do.  What is it?”

“She punched Ella, giving her those bruises.”  Connor explained and Mom just got her eyes widened.

“WHY COULD SHE DO THAT?”

“I don’t know Mom.  She doesn’t like me at all.” 

I climbed out of the seat and tried to find something else to do to help Mom.  I knew, this bruises was hurt but I didn’t want people started to worrying about me that much. I was okay, way better.

“Baby, Ella, stop it.  You go change yourself and Connor, make sure your brothers alive.  They haven’t home yet and this is 4.30 already.”

“Sports Mom, I’m going to pick them up, they’ll text me when they’re done.” 

“Good.  And hey baby, could you please help Ella’s bag?”  Mom pointed to my bag that Connor carried with his before.

“Sure, I will.”  He looked at me in the eyes.

“Okay,” Mom prolonged the ‘O’ because she might be realize that there’s something.  “Don’t be late for dinner.”

“Thank you so much Mom…”  I hugged her tightly.

Connor took my bag on his left arm, and held my waist by his right hand, even if he knew I was okay enough to walk by myself.

“Thank you,” I spoke slowly as we stepped inside my room.

“No, I thank you.”

“For…?”

“The kiss.”

Aaaand my heart just stopped beating.

“Uh…”  I tried to look normal, like going to the dresser to find my pajamas, and unpacked my school bag even if that’s unnecessary.

“Ella, look.”  Connor grabbed my wrist to stop me.  “I just couldn’t handle it.”

“W…what…?”

“To kiss you.  I just think that’s the right thing to do.”

“Ok…okay never mind…”

“You don’t mind?” He came closer to me.  Go one step closer before you seriously stop me from breathing, young man.

He led my hands around his neck and wrapped my waist, asked me to rest my head on his chest. 

“I’m so sorry for everything today.  You don’t deserve it.  And I’m sorry for being so rude at the first time.”

“Yeah you were rude.”  I rolled my eyes.

“And that won’t happen again.  Promise I’m not going to leave you even for a second.”

“I guess…thank you?”

“You silly,” He kissed my forehead for a single minute and we released each other.

He threw a smile once again to me before closed the door.  And just by that kind of hug, I wanted to scream.