Chapter 36

ELLA’S P.O.V

“Walk with me…” 

Riley grabbed my hand and took the car key from Toby, led me to the car park.  He opened the car for me and helped me to climb up.

“We need to talk.”  He said calmly.

“I’m all ears…”

“Sorry about the dance, I didn’t want you to reveal me.  I just…”  He bowed his head.  We’re still at the parking lot by the way.  It’s just…he asked me to climb up to the car so we actually had a serious talk in the car, but not moving out.  Ask him, not me.

“Carry on.”

“I love you.  I mean it.”

I couldn’t breathe.

“I love you Ella.  I’ve loved you since the day one.  But I denied my feeling, that’s why I was so rude to you.”

“Yeah you’re really rude.”  I rolled my eyes.

“I know I’m so sorry for it.  I paid the price.  Mandy got you several times and I couldn’t do anything to help you.  And I hate myself because of it.  Toby said she kidnapped you again yesterday and I really could just kill myself if there was something worst happening to you.”

He faced me closer than before, held my hands.

“I love you.  I know Connor loves you too.  I know he was dancing with you at the first round, I saw it, and my heart’s just broken.  So I asked you to be with me at the second round.  That was the best time of my life, the best 15 minutes I’ve ever spent with you.”

I just cried and let these all out.  I couldn’t help but bowed my head even though he held my face.  He kissed my forehead and continued his words.

“Sorry if we both have confused you El.  It’s not good to be on this position, sorry.  I’m sorry, I really am.  But I can’t hold this feeling any longer.  Maybe you’d hate me because of this.  Maybe you’d choose Connor over me.  I don’t…”

“Maybe I choose you.  Maybe I love you too.”

He lifted his head and looked at me.  “What?”

“I choose you.”

“How come…”

“Is that even a question?”  I smiled at his concerned expression.

“But Connor…” 

“Riley please, both of you deserve a better girl than me.  I don’t know how I came up with this.  But you comforted me.  You were there looking for me in the pouring rain, you were there decorating the basement with Thomas just to asked me to the prom, those kisses, and that dance 20 minutes ago…”

He stopped me by kissing my lips and I kissed him back, for the very first time.  I meant I did kiss him back at the dance floor…but it was not Riley…no, it was Riley but he wore a mask so I didn’t know if that was him…whatever. 

“Will you be mine?”

“I surely will.”

We kissed again in the car.  Felt like the journey has completed.  I did love Connor; his sweet caring voice was so lovely.  But I knew I had to choose somebody, and it was Riley.  This was the hardest decision I’ve ever made, I swore to God.