Chapter 19

RILEY’S P.O.V

I saw you Ella, and it’s hurt.

I was about to go to the bathroom by the time I saw Connor was trying to kiss Ella, because she left the door opened; both my door and Connor’s.  I saw it crystal clear.  It’s weird, because it felt like somebody pressed a huge wall on your chest and stuff.  That heavy; I breathe the heavy breath.

“Riley, are you there?”  Ella knocked my bathroom door; oh, she’s done?

“Yeah, a moment please,” I finished whatever I had – even if I did nothing inside – and made a way outside.

“Why took so long?  Are you dizzy?”  She grabbed my wrist and helped me to sit.

“A bit, but I’m good.  How’s Connor?”

You know, I tried my best not to look sassy.

"Are you crying, Riley?"  She looked deep down to my eyes.

"Not at all.  I said how's Connor?"

She frowned and shook her head.  “Oh he’s still too weak, just like you.  I spilled the soup on the floor that’s why it took long for me to come back.  Sorry…”

“You know I would never mad at you.”

“Thank you,” there she goes the best smile on earth.  There’s a crazy heartbeat rhythm inside me, in case you didn’t know.

“I’m sleepy…”  I said to her, even if I wasn’t at all.

“Okay get some sleep I’ll be outside if you need me.”

“No I want you to stay here a little longer too, would you?”

“But you said you want to sleep.”

“What I was trying to say is I want you to accompany me until I fall asleep.  Is it too much?”

I looked deep down into her eyes waiting for the answer.

“Sure, okay.  Just lay down, I’m here.”

“No, here please…”  I pouted playfully, pointing to a huge space on my bed.

“Silly,” She stroked my hair and climbed up to my side.

So fast forward to what happened in the next minute, she was here lying down on my chest, and I was playing with her hair, humming the Soldier, one of our songs.  Suddenly I remembered all that had happened for these past couple weeks.  The day when she came into this house, the moment when I spilled those rude comments, the day when Toby slapped me by his words about this girl, the moment she struggled from Mandy and got physical attacks, and after all, it brought me to this; the time I realized she was that important to me.

“Riley, try to sleep.”  She spoke slowly.  “Should I sing you a lullaby?  Hah.”

“Yes please.”

“Oh I wouldn’t, that only exists in your wildest dream.”  And I was pretty sure she rolled her eyes.  Wow, I knew her that much.

I stroked her face slowly as I closed my eyes, tried to get into my deepest sleep.  I didn’t want this to end.  I even didn’t intend to ask if this was a dream or something.  That’s enough for me.

CINDERELLAOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara