Chapter 18

ELLA'S P.O.V

"Hmm...okay let's do this Ella." I mumbled to myself as I ran upstairs, but stuck at the corridor, between Riley and Connor's room. Which one should be the first?

"ELLA..." That mumble from Riley's room was getting louder and okay, it's settled then.

"Yeah Riley I'm here, can you sit?" I supported his body to take a proper position; he should sit because I was about to feeding him the soup.

"What is it?"

"It's the soup Ri, you need to eat."

"No..."

"Just shut up already and eat." I rolled my eyes but I fed him.

"Taste really good, you're a great chef."

"Oh not even close..." I bowed my face.

"Yes you are to me." He held my hand and looked deep down into my eyes as I kept feeding him.

"Ella..." And there was Connor. Whoa, this was far from over.

"I'll be right back okay? Need to see Connor first. He hasn't eaten yet." I spoke to Riley and I handed the bowl to him so he could eat by himself until I came back.

"Is Connor sick too?"

"Yeah, just like you, fever and flu." I placed my hand on his forehead to check the temperature. "It's still hot."

"I know I'm hot."

"Riley Thomas McDonough..."

"I'm here El," He grabbed my hand and put it on his chest, like he asked me to feel his heartbeats; again. Didn't you feel it awkward?

"Okay Riley, Connor needs me, give me a second alright."

"I need you too, don't go..." I was standing already and about to walk across the corridor, until Riley pulled me into his hug and he landed a peck on my lips.

"Uh..."

"Sorry, I just want to."

"Yeah okay never mind," I spoke awkwardly. "I'll be right back."

"Yes you better will." He held my hand a little longer before he let it go, and all I did was throwing an awkward smile. How many times have I said 'awkward' today?

"Connor, you're awake?"

"El..." He was trying to sit but failed so I helped him.

"There you go..." I covered his body with blanket because he's freezing. "Feel any better..."

"I miss you..." He cut my words.

"What are you trying to say? No way, I'm here though." I gave him a simple smile and bowed my head.

"I mean it, I miss you." He held my hand just a second before I fed them the soup.

Oh, I made three bowls of soup by the way, and you know the last one was just in case. Because that Toby McDonough who has locked himself at his room all day long would like to scream the entire house whenever he was hungry.

"Okay, I miss you too." I said in short.

"Are you? After today, are you?"

"Connor..." I just knew where he would go with this conversation.

"No I just want to make sure, are you?"

There's a moment where I was freezing, trying to figure out my feelings in this complicated situation, about...you know, this boy in front of me, or that one across the room.

"Yeah I'm sure." I gave a wide smile to him because it would take forever for me to figure it out, and those 2 minutes of freezing helped none.

"Glad I'm still in the game."

I zoned out for another couple minutes like I didn't realize there's a bowl in my hand full of soup. But the thing I knew was Connor was trying to kiss me. And thanks to him, the soup spilled out.

"Oh...my God...Connor don't move it's hot I'll get a tissue paper!"

I ran to a kitchen and had a tissue paper roll with me, and ran back again to Connor's room. There's hot soup on the floor and he could be slipped by it. So I ended up cleaning the whole floor in that room.

"Ella that's enough..." Connor spoke from his bed because I wasn't letting him to help me.

"Yeah, one last look."

"It's too much I'll be okay baby stop."

And I definitely stopped, and you know why.

"Okay that's it. I'm going to check Riley first okay? He hasn't done eaten yet."

"Stay..."

And out of nothing he pulled me to the biggest and longest hug ever. "I miss you."

"You've told me that, and I miss you too. So now you stay here, I'll be back in any minutes."