Chapter 8

CONNOR’S P.O.V

I couldn’t stand over it anymore.  This Mandy girl, I really wanted to punch her face.  No more politeness, she’s been that rude to Ella.  It wasn’t feeling good to leave Ella that way, but I needed to finish this one.

I was walking further to Riley and Ella’s class.  Well, let’s see, she definitely would give me that innocent expression again but this time it wouldn’t work.

“Excuse me,” I knocked the door politely while their math teacher was teaching in class.

“Yes,” Mr. Johnson turned around and saw me.  You didn’t know how hard I tried to control myself at this stage.  “Oh, Connor McDonough, is there something I can help?”

“Uh…I’m sorry I'm interrupting…”

Okay let me tell you this.  Being a celebrity wasn’t that bad right?  You’d always have that certain rights that people didn’t have; just like this one.

“I need to speak to Mandy, only if you’re okay with that Sir.”

“Okay…”  Mr. Johnson was very nice to me.  I was one of his favorite students actually.  Not because I was in the band with my brothers, but I got best score in math when I was at Riley’s grade so yeah, he would always love to see me.  “What is this about Connor?”

There you go, fake girl.  I saw her.  She’s right there sitting and talking to her silly friends pretended like nothing was happening.  In fact…I didn’t want to say this but she’s pointing at me; GOD DAMN IT SHE’S FANGIRLING SERIOUSLY.

“Um…I’m so sorry but I need to tell you this.  Mandy and two of her friends were punching Ella at the ladies toilet like an hour ago.”

“What?  Ella the new student, right?  She supposed to be in my class today.”

“Sir, Ella’s now in the nursery room.  I found her bleeding on the toilet floor.  She just woke up and told me that was all Mandy’s.”

“MANDY!”  Mr. Johnson suddenly yelled which shocked everybody in the class.  “YOU COME HERE!”

Mandy walked toward us excitedly, she thought she would get a free concert ticket or what.

“You come to my office now, with him.  And class is over.  We’ll see you next week.”  The math teacher walked away and I followed him, with this lady beside me, tried her best to hold my hand and talked to me.  I felt the disgust all over my body.

“Connor,” I recognized Riley was calling me from across the corridor, nearby the nursery room. 

“Hey bro how’s Ella?”

“She’s okay but still too weak.  What are you doing?”  Riley pointed to Mr. Johnson and Mandy because they were keep walking straight to the office meanwhile I was talking to Riley.

“Not now Riley.  But I need you to find Toby for me…”

“He’s accompanied Ella.”

“Oh great, now please ask Toby to follow me.  He can be the witness of this case.  It’s too dangerous for Ella to meet Mandy so I guess we need Toby.  He was there when the lunch accident happened right?”  I whispered to Riley as he nodded.

“I’ll be with Ella okay,”

“Okay and don’t forget, I need Toby.”

“A second please,”

Riley ran away to the nursery room and not a single minute, Toby showed up running toward me.  We ran together to the office because I didn’t want Mr. Johnson to wait too long.   He pleased us to sit at the office and closed the door.

“Mandy, should I tell you everything twice?  I need you to SIT DOWN!”  His face was becoming red as Toby and I exchanged the glares.  What's in her mind, seriously.

“No, Sir…”  She bowed her head.

“Okay I just heard from Connor that you punched Ella in the ladies toilet today, is that true?”  Mr. Johnson started the ‘court’.

“It’s…you know, just for fun…” 

“IT WAS FOR FUN?!”  I lost my control whenever this girl spoke up and at some moment I guess it would be awesome to sometimes lose my control around her so I could accidentally punch her face.  That would be great though.

“Connor calm down,” Toby held me before…I didn’t know, maybe I could turn into a werewolf today; I was that angry.

“What’s your problem with her?”  Mr. Johnson continued.

“I…I can’t hold myself to see how close she is to them!”  She pointed at us; me and Toby.  She’s crazy and that’s positive.

“I’m so sorry Sir but if I’m allowed to speak…”  Toby spoke slowly from beside me.

“Yes you’re allowed.”

“Okay so today at the lunch time I saw Mandy pulled off Ella’s hair in front of everybody in class.  I was walking to the canteen by the time I saw that happened.  I couldn’t get it what’s so wrong with Ella, she did nothing at all.”

“Okay that’s enough for you Mandy, no need to explain.”

“Sir, please…  I won’t do that again…”  There she goes the drama episode 1.1.

“I don’t want to listen to you!  Now thank you very much you two can leave the office, and YOU STAY HERE, I’ll call your parents!”

Mr. Johnson locked Mandy inside his office and having a walk with both of us. 

“So Sir, what will happen next?”  I asked.

“We’ll see, but I’ll make sure she won’t be around anymore before she could learn how to treat Ella well.”

“Thank you very much Sir, we really appreciate it.  She’s been very rude to Ella since her first time at school.  And today there were two physical attacks already.”

“Yes I understand.  She has issues, don’t you see?”  We laughed at Mr. Johnson’s line.

“So I’ll see you all soon, say Ella I’m so sorry but I need to process this first.  I will call you soon Connor.”

“Thank you again Sir.  Thank you.” 

We shook his hand and walked away, back to the nursery room.  There was no conversation along the way.  But I promised myself that I would never leave Ella alone anymore, in any condition, ever again.