Chapter 27

ELLA’S P.O.V

So since Toby the Explorer was doing his job to explore the town, I got only two boys left in the house with me.  No, I had four actually, with Thomas and Braiden addition – guess it’s their names.  Connor and Riley haven’t introduced their band mates yet to me, they’re too busy…  Yeah, they’ve been very busy at the back.  The ridiculous part was they locked my access to the back, and the basement.  Boys and their imaginations though.  Maybe they were writing new music and I wasn’t allowed to hear it.

“Ella, have you done cooking?”  Riley came up from his cave and finally spoke to me.

“Guess so, what is it?”

“Come with me.”

He grabbed my hand and asked me to follow him.  He put the blindfold on me.

“You…can’t be serious Riley.”

“I am serious.”  He laughed that adorable laugh.

“Riley are you kidding me, where are we going?”

“Trust me you’re going to be fine.”

He led the way and I was pretty sure there was stairs…and balloons hit my feet…and what was this, Tank’s birthday party?

“Okay, let me take this off first…”  Riley took the blindfold off.  “There you go.” 

I swore the decoration was really beautiful.  It was only basement but Riley – and a little help from Thomas – turned it into a room full of candles.  And he decorated the balloons and ribbons together and it said: GO TO PROM WITH ME, ELLA?

“My…goodness…Riley…you…”  I stuttered.  But before I knew, Riley was spinning my body to face him. 

“Hey, will you?”

“I…uh…”

“I know Connor was asking you too to the prom and that’s alright.  The offer is still on the table.  You know you will always have time to choose.”

He spoke slowly to my ears and gave a peck on my lips.  “But I’d love to go with you.”

“How…how could you know?”

“He’s my brother, El.  I’ve known him since we were babies.  Hah…”

“I don’t know…”

“We like the same girl at the same time.  It sucks, trust me.  But we both know there will always be a chance to prove you.  It’s not a competition, not even close.  You’re precious and we just want to show you our feelings in a best way.”

I blinked a single tear, didn’t know what to say.

“Come on, let’s get out of here.”  Riley kissed my lips once again and led me upstairs.  We found Thomas by the way, in case you didn’t know, he was eating my lunch.

“Whoa, do we have prom couple right here?”

“Ella,” I gave my hand to Thomas.  Yeah I knew his name was Thomas, but we haven’t officially met each other.

“Oh,” He was busy with the lunch so he washed his hands first, and shook my hand.  “Thomas Silvers the Italian drummer,” followed by that big grin.

“How was the lunch?”  I raised an eyebrow.

“Whoa that’s delicious!  Feel like I’m living here since the very first time we formed as BYE, but had never been tasted a plate of heaven like this before!”

“Not so much, dude.”  Riley rolled his eyes and ‘tried to look accidentally’ placed his hand on my waist.  And because of it, I chuckled.  A minute later, he took his hand off of me.  “Worth the try…”

“Hah.”  I left him and grabbed my – I meant Thomas’ plate – and washed it.

“She’s lovely alright…  And there is love in the air…”  Thomas punched Riley playfully and there we go some additional punch like the way boys liked to thank their bros.