Chapter 29

ELLA’S P.O.V

“Toby…”

I shook the youngest McDonough’s wrist but he didn’t even move for an inch.  What an exploration yesterday, yeah Tobs?

“Toby, wake up…”

“It’s still midnight Ella…”

I raised an eyebrow and looked at the clock which was hanging on Toby’s wall.  “Silly, it’s 10 in the morning already.”

“Whoa, is it?  Where’s Brai?”

“He’s leaving.  He said he will have an interview today, so…”

“So…?”

“So, about the prom…”

“So…after these two brothers asked you to go to the prom, now you come up to me?  I hate you.”  He pouted playfully even before I finished my line.

“That’s not true!”

“Oh, that’s not true? I’ve been living with those clowns for 16 years, El.”  He grabbed his white tee and wore it in front of me.  Yeah he was shirtless.  But yeah, I considered him as my YOUNGER brother – even though he was way taller than me.  Sh, don’t tell him about it.

“Okay so what is it about?”

“I don’t know, I need your advice.  Should I go to the prom?”

“Why shouldn’t you?”

“I mean I don’t like those places with so many people…it’s not my thing.”

“You won’t be alone though; there will be Connor or Riley.”

“And that’s my next thing.  How could I choose…  I’ve been thinking about this all night but I decided none.  Toby…”

“You want to go with me?”

“Just if you’re okay with that…  But seriously I don’t know if I would come or not.”

“Come, with me, and this is an order.  No you don’t need those sweet promposal with rose and candles again right?  Because I’m hungry and no way can I do it.”

“Silly you Toby,” I gave him the glare.

“Okay it’s settled.  You’re going with me.  Wait, I’ll cancel my date first.”

“Oh?  Oh my goodness I’m so sorry Toby just don’t do it, no I won’t go to the prom.  Please this is not happening.”

“It’s just Braiden, it’s fine.”  He smirked.

“TOBY.”

“ELLA.”

And that’s it, he ran downstairs.  I…you had no idea.