Chapter 34

ELLA’S P.O.V

I pouted my face in front of Toby because he left me.  And he spent 15 minutes to convince me that he was having me this drink but he went to the toilet first.  That’s why it took forever.

“You can’t leave me alone again, Toby.”

“But you had fun, didn’t you?”

“It was…Connor…”

“What?  Yes way, brother!”  He cheered and it made me slap his hand again, playfully.  Too loud, Sir.

“I can’t see Riley…”  I mumbled.

“It’s the point of masquerade ball, remember?”  Toby spoke and by the time I was opening my mouth tried to say something, there were bunch of girls coming to our way, asked for Toby’s sign.

“Celebrity…”  I rolled my eyes when he’s done with those fans.

“You really look for Riley, don’t you?”  He caught my eyes were staring to every corner of the hall.  Yeah, told you, I still couldn’t find Riley. 

“Of course not,” I took a deep breathe.

“How was it with Connor?  What did you feel?”

“Toby it’s not right here, not now, and never.”

“Jeez Ella, you must have felt something to one of them after all.  I mean they really do like you.”

“I felt something, I don’t deny it.  It’s just overwhelming Tobs.”

“I know…  Oh hey, that round two is about to start!  I’ll go somewhere.”  He winked at me.  Oh wait.

“Whoa, I’m your date Toby, where are you going?”

“You are my date, but you have to find Riley, don’t you?  Find him.  I’ll be okay and be right here when you’re done.”

“You…”

“Love you El!”  He kissed my cheek and ran away.  Toby James McDonough…

The band and the host were preparing everything for the round two. I could see it from where I was.  And you know, I barely moved for even an inch from my seat.  It’s the right thing to do.  Maybe I would just wait for Toby here.  He’d come back, right?

“Wow bitch, you made it!”

I turned around and saw Mandy.  Yeah, here we go the drama episode 1.3.  I wasn’t feeling it to answer her nonsense, so I shook it off and stared at nowhere in between the crowd.

“I’m talking to you!”

“You are?”

“Enjoy your date with Toby?”

“Very much.”

She suddenly pulled my ponytail and grabbed my gown, spoke closer to me.  “I SAW IT!  YOU KISSED CONNOR. HE’S MINE!  YOU’RE DEAD, ELLA, SO DEAD.” 

She pulled my hair even harder and my hair turned into a messy look.  She ruined the ponytail.  I felt really dizzy but I couldn’t pass out right here, not in front of her.  Before I knew, she pulled the gown around my waist and tore it.  Everybody around me started to freak out.  I still wore my mask and she’s about to pull it too, until somebody stopped her.

“BACK OFF.”

“WHO ARE YOU?  UH WOW, THERE’S GOOD LOOKING BOY RIGHT HERE…  HELLO…”  She flirted with the boy who saved me, tried to look sexy as hell.  But I could see him slapped her hand and warned her.

“I SAID BACK OFF.”

A second later Toby came to me with a body guard with him.  Toby and the mask boy helped me to stand, and Mandy was being dragged by the body guard. 

“YOU’RE GOING TO PAY FOR IT, MAID!!!”

I just looked at her as she walked away from me, and took the relieved breath. 

“Are you okay, El?”

“Yeah, fine.”

“Sorry I didn’t see she’s coming.”

“Neither did I, she’s a ghost remember?  Hah.”

Toby helped me to sit back on my seat until I realized that the mask boy was still there standing nearby Toby. 

“Hey, thank you…”  I thanked him.  But he didn’t even say a word to reply me.  Instead, he gave me his hand for me to take.

“I…”  I looked at Toby and he nodded.  “Go.”

I turned my face to the mask boy and took his hand.  This was it.  Second round for today…