Chapter 16

ELLA’S P.O.V

I spent an hour to gain myself back after what happened lately.  I dyed my hair, made a messy bun, put a big sweater on, and made a way outside.  I needed to cook for dinner since Mom wasn’t at home.

“Oh my God…”  I heard somebody’s sneezing from behind me as I turned around.

“Riley are you alright?”

“Yeah, I just get my head dizzy…”  He spoke in his husky voice.  He’s got a serious flu.

“My God, take a rest Riley…  Oh you need something?  Let me take it.”

“I want to…uh…look at the medicine box…”

“Okay I got it.  Now go back to your room, I’ll get it to you.”

“No…”

“Do I look like want to hear your arguments?”

“No…”

“Good, so now go upstairs and take a rest.”

“No…”

“Riley…”

“Yeah…”

“Go.”

“Okay…”

He actually turned around and was about to make a way upstairs.  But then I realized maybe he couldn’t make it since he was too weak.  So I ran after him and helped him to support his body.

“Is there something wrong?”  Connor spoke from his room because they didn’t close the door so they could look at us both; me and my hand on Riley’s waist, and Riley’s hand on my shoulder.

“He gets flu and fever Con…”

“Oh, you need to see doctor, buddy?”

“No not at all.”  Riley answered his brother slowly and we still kept walking inside his room.

“Okay, you wait here, I’ll get you something.”  I placed his body carefully.

“Don’t go…”  Riley held my hand.  That’s not a good time, bro…

“No I’m not going anywhere.  I just want to see if there’s something for you at the kitchen.”

“Be right here, don’t go…”  Riley placed my right hand on his chest and faced his back on me.  Practically, he was pulling my hand to his hug.

I let him have my hand for a couple minutes until I was sure he was sleeping, and I pulled my hand slowly so he wouldn’t wake up.

“Oops…”  Toby shocked me by popping his head out of his room; only his head.

“What?”  I said whispering.

“That pulling hands though…”  He sang randomly to tease me.

“What?”  I felt my cheeks were blushing but I need to look normal.

“Come on, you aren’t deaf.  That’s sweet seriously.”  He winked at me.

“Don’t, do, that, kid.”  I widened my eyes.

“Uh, I’m going to hate Riley and Connor because they take you from me, but that’s fine, I’m glad to see those blushing cheeks.”

And there you go; he shut the door before I could open my mouth.  Such a new family.