Chapter 25

ELLA’S P.O.V

“El, are you going to the prom?”  Toby spoke to me during the lunch time at school today.  We four were going to the canteen, but only Toby who asked me about it.

“Prom, is there a prom?”

“Yeah, mind to come?”

“Let’s see…”  I bowed my head.

“Come on El it’s going to be fun!”

“But now I’m hungry…”  I pouted and Toby tickled me.  I meant I didn’t know how to answer it; yay prom?

I could see Connor and Riley were on their own little bubble for the rest of lunch time.  It’s like only Toby and I were alive on this table.  All Connor did was chewing his burger and sipped the coffee but as well as stared at nonsense behind me – because he was sitting in front of me.  And so did Riley, he hasn’t even eaten yet since 10 minutes ago, which made Toby stole his food because yeah, Toby and food.

“You spaced out a lot today,” I started to speak to Riley when we were at the class.  “You have any problem?”

“Oh no, not at all,” He smiled to me but I know there’s something wrong.

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah, positive.”  I really wanted to ask further question but I decided to just drop it.  If he wanted to share, he would do.  That’s all.

“Hey do you want to go to the prom with me?”  Riley suddenly spoke in between the English class.

“Riley, I’m studying.”

“Gosh it’s just English, like English.  You speak English, you’re doing fine.”  He smirked and I rolled my eyes.

“Stop right there I’m studying.”

He stopped talking for a single minute, until he poked my elbow repeatedly.

“Ella…”

“Ella…”

“Riley 5 more minutes!”  I whispered.

“Ella…”

“Riley…”

“Ella…”

“Please…Ella…  Please go to the prom with me…”

“Like now?”  I rolled my eyes again.

And finally, he stopped poking me.  Thank God.

From the last time at the English class, Riley has never been asked me again about the prom.  Because I didn’t know if I really wanted to make it to the prom, I haven’t decided it yet, but let’s see.  There were few things I’ve been worried about, but no way could I tell it to them, even Toby.

“Ella!”  I heard Connor’s voice from upstairs, when I was baking brownies to them.  It was afternoon and I decided to have them some coffee time.

“Yes be there in a second!”  I ran upstairs and knocked.  “You called me?  What is it?”

“Come on in!” 

By his command, I slowly opened the door…and…there was standing the shirtless Connor.  He was doing workout or something and it’s hot in here.  I meant this was Florida; it’s definitely hot, right?  Right.

“You need something?”

“Yes, go to the prom with me.”

“WHAT?”  I widened my eyes because he’s not even looking at me.  He was doing push-ups and felt like he’s not talking to me.

“What?  I asked you to go to the prom with me.”

“Uh…I don’t know if I want to go to the prom, Connor…” 

He stopped the workout and looked at me.  “Why?  This is my senior year.  Come on, having fun.  You deserve it.”

“Yeah, I know…  I mean let’s see, I haven’t decided yet.”

“Oh okay…”

“Thanks for asking me.  Have fun, senior!”  I gave my wide smile and he pulled me to the biggest hug, against his shirtless chest.  Thank you.