Chapter 6

ELLA’S P.O.V

This is my second week at school.  I could cope with the lessons easily by Riley's help.  He’s been nice enough to me; not that rude but still there’s something about me that he didn’t like – at least I thought so –even though I had no clue about that.

But there’s one thing disturbing me at school.  Oh not a thing, it’s somebody; that girl from across the corner of the class.  And see?  She’s coming again for me right now.

“Ella, where’s my baby?”  She spoke in a high tone.

“Who’s you’re talking about?”

“Don’t fool me, you know who my baby is…”  She was with that lollipop, I just… ew.

“I don’t know.”  I looked at her in the eyes to confront.

“RILEY MCDONOUGH!!!”  She was grabbing my hair and pulled it off.

“That’s hurt!”  I screamed but seemed everyone in this class enjoyed the show.

“BACK OFF!!!”  Toby grabbed my waist and pulled me closer to him, as he slapped the girl’s hand.  “Mandy, you back off.”

“Aw Toby I’m so sorry I'm not..."

“SHOULD I SLAP YOU TWICE?”  Toby’s face becoming red; he was that angry.

“Tobs that’s enough…”  I shook his hand. 

“Yeah that’s enough but you’ll pay for this Mandy.”  Toby gave the serious look from head to toe over this girl.  I was pretty sure he was showing everybody that he had his hand was on my waist, and slowly helped me to walk.  “Let’s get out of here.”

We sit at the canteen with Connor and Riley.  They were eating the lunch but suddenly stopped when they saw my messy hair.

“What happened?”  Connor asked concernedly.

“That Mandy girl,” Toby put his hand on my back.  “She’s seriously a bi…”

“Toby stop,” I didn’t want Toby to continue his words just because I knew what he would say.

“I'm so sorry I left you there; you didn’t want to have lunch with me so…”  Riley bowed his head.

“That’s my fault.”  I smiled and ran my fingers through my hair to manage it again.

“Was that hurt?”  Riley asked me.

“No…”

“Liar,” Toby sipped his coffee as I gave my death glare to him.  “What?  She pulled your hair like that so it should be hurt, don’t lie.”

“Okay, a bit.”  I rolled my eyes and stood up to buy something for lunch until Connor stopped me.

“Uh, let me.”

I smiled mouthing thank you and the rest of lunch time was perfectly awkward.