Chapter 4/Meeting People is Weird

*My sister says to reread it but I am really lazy because they are so long. So I am really sorry for any mess ups in grammar, spelling, word get changed around in anyway.*

We sit at the table for a little while in silence. Then I want to speak up so this weird silence ends.

"Okay so should we just say what our name is and like some stuff about us?" We all look at each other and nod. "Okay well I will start. My real name is actually, Chris. Last name James. I am 16 years old. I had a girlfriend before this happened." I look at Bro.

"So my real name is Zach. Last name James. I am 21. I guess me and Chris are brothers? Our dad also did this same thing that we did. The sliming out ceremony and he vanished. I guess we vanished too if you think about it."

Awkward silence for a second. Then we all look at Intel."Okay well my name is Maria Hilla and I am 16 years old. My parents beat me and I liked Chris in grade school then he got douchey and got 'popular' and forgot about me. Okay that's me." She smiles then looks at the table.

Did I really do that to her? Did I really choose to try to fit into society over her? She is perfect. Why would I give away her?

"Well my turn! My name is Amy Bard. Um my family is normal. Except that it said that I was dating somebody and then I saw the guy I was dating with my sister. What sister does that to their sibling?! My parents were friends with your parents too Boss." She says.

"Okay Boss your turn." Maria says.

"Well I get why my name is Boss. My name is Robert Barr. I am the mayor's son. In my booklet the person that made it gave me everything. Like what the slimming out ceremony is. What all you guys said at the end of your lives. I don't know why it said end of your lives because we are alive. It said something about the slimming out ceremony killing us, but I thought it was metaphorical. It also said about our brains getting tampered. People messing with our brains. That when they kill us they are also making us live. The catch is that we get stuck here." He looks around the restaurant showing us where 'here' is."This place is also called Ithaca? That's what the book said. They talked about all those weird groups too. The new beginners are what Dash said when she shot you, they are the people not to mess with. We have not choice though if we want to stay here alive."

"But they are...insane. They will do anything to stay alive. Literally anything. I know from experience." I point at my shoulder.

"Well then for now we have to stay out of there way. We might not be able to though if they want us dead. We should just get used to this place. Ithaca. Wait but it said we are from Ithaca?"

"Well then maybe they got it wrong." Robert says.

"Maybe. Or this isn't Ithaca." Amy says to all of us really quietly.

"Well if it isn't Ithaca then where are we?" I say getting comfy in my spot.

"Someplace that looks exactly like it I guess?" Roberts says.

"Why wouldn't they just kill us right then and there?" Zach asks.

"They need us for something but I don't know what." Robert says back.

"We are technically called the experiment." I say. They all nod. "We need to find the edge of this place. See if there are any limits." We all nod again."We should keep our booklets with us at all time just in case we need to know something that's in it."

"Okay that's a-" Robert is about to finish what he said but then we hear something."Did you hear that or was that just me?"

"We heard that loud a clear." Amy says clinging on to his arm. He looks down at her. He's for what she is doing. I look at Zach quickly and see his reaction to watch we just heard. Though he is just looking at Amy holding onto Robert's arm. I laugh a little.