Chapter 30

"Now give me the names! Now!" Neha says. I am biting my lip. I have the paper in my hand. She sees it in my hand but doesn't do anything. Yet.

"What do the hackers do to threaten the games system? I know we hack it and try to stop it but we can't. It's too hard so why not just let them still try and have that hope?" I say while looking at her. She looks so tired like she hasn't been sleeping for weeks. Maybe she hasn't been.

"When they try to hack every time to get in, it weakens or defense system. Okay? That's the reason." She rubs her hands on her face.

"What if there was a hacker inside the system? Like maybe Eva or something. What if she could get to a computer and do something with it. What would happen."

"If she could even get to one...bad things would happen."

"Bad things for S.A.I.D.?" She nods. "Like the game would go down or something?" She doesn't say anything.

"Why do you want to know all these things?" I shrug and don't respond like she did.

Her hand extends again. "Give me the names. Now." I rub the paper in my hand again.

"It's about half the group so you won't have a lot of people participating next year." I open my hand and she grabs the paper.

"Are they mostly girls or mosly boys?"

"Why would that matter?" She gives me a glare."Fine moslty boys."

"That's good."

"Why is that good?!" I don't care what the tone of my voice sounds like right now.

"Because remember when I said women, like Eva, have strong will power. If they are all boys they will be easy to get inside their brains. Right now we are still testing the girl problem."

"The only reason you can't get to me is because the implant is inside my brain because it's melted? Right?" She nods."What if somebody else's implant is melted? What will you do with them?"

"You are a special person Chris. Unlike everybody else your brain works at a higher level. Maybe it doesn't feel like it, but it does. When you are hacking you are just making the code willy nilly. It's so easy for you. You are the only person that can do that that I know. Well except for-" She stops herself from saying anything else.

I repeat the question."What will. You do. With anybody else with my problem?" I say firmly.

She sighs."That's none of your concern. Now get out of my office Chris. You have work to do." She sits at her desk. She starts writing. Not saying another word to me.

"Yes, Neha." He grits his teeth."Have a good day." She doesn't look up. I leave the office.

What is she going to do with the people like me? The ones with the implants that might melt. What will she do? I knew most of those Hackers. Some were friends. What will she do to them? She will try to force them out of the game. For now I have to just wait.

I will just help keep the game rolling. For now.