Chapter 27

"Now what do you want me to do? It's already set up. Do you want me to send the people into the room with the chairs?" It has been a hectic few weeks but I think the coding is doing it's magic for the game in March. I am still not sure if I am safe here but for now I am fine. In a week I will get reunited with everybody I know and love. I have already seen Carly a few times because her parents made the games. As far as I know nobody knows about me being a Hacker. They could be lying to me again. Like they always do to everyone that is under this roof.

"Nah. We have somebody else do that for us. Thanks for offering though." A woman right next to me says. Her name is Leah and she is about 23 I think? She gets up and goes to the income and presses a button."Dylan go and open the door." His name still gives me chills. I couldn't save him. He is totally brainwashed now. Maybe if Eva got close to him again she could bring a memory back. They would never let her though. I would not be able to because she wouldn't let me even try. I was thinking she would pick what I picked. I guess not. Maybe they didn't even let her have an option. They just stuffed her back in the room with all the other 'filthy' hackers as Neha said to me. I am guessing they only dragged the other five to give me hope that Eva or William would have the same choice as I did. I guess they didn't.

Why does S.A.I.D. have so many tricks up their sleeves? Why do they need to get us Hackers on their side. I know that they want to make the game harder for Hackers to hack but there has to be another reason. Sooner or later they will have to tell me because...because I am on their side now.

I hear a beep and see that Dylan has entered the control room. That's where I am right now. About a month ago they started controlling him. Now, they don't need to do that. As I said they brainwashed him. He does everything freely now. I can see he has his sense of humor back too. Except I can see that when he cracks a joke he knows that something is missing. Someone is missing.

"So you want me to open the doors. Do you want it to be dramatic? Do you want me to go like this." He puts his hands together and then flings them apart."Ready for the ride of your lives?" Then he winks. I start laughing.

"Totally-" Then I get cut off.

"Just do what you were sent here to do Dyl." Leah says looking at the computers. He walks toward her and then whispers something into her ear. She laughs and starts smiling.

It seems like he doesn't even remember Eva. That's the same way she looked at him when we were in the game. Dylan walks away smiling. I take his arm and say something into his ear. "Eva. Eva loves you Dylan. Remember that. Please." He rips his arm from me and walks out of the room. "Well. Now what do we do? Do we just wait till he opens the door? After that what do we do?" She laughs at my questions.

"You being a former Hacker should know all the answers to your questions right? You canf ind that information." I shake my head at what she said.

"No, S.A.I.D. is really hard to hack. All those gates to get through. Really go security. I couldn't find any information except for a few things like what they do to Hackers if they find them in the games." I look up from the console and see that Leah has narrowed her eyes. "What?"

"It's just...Can we trust you? I mean...We don't know what's going through your brain because we can't get that implant out. How do we know to trust you if we don't know how to control you."

"Is that all you people think about? Controlling people. Then trust?! Those two things don't work together you know."

"Well you're one of us now. You are going to be controlling about 100 people in one room. Think about that." She sits down again. Silence.

How am I going to face everybody with knowing all this stuff and not telling anybody."So Leah..."

"Yes?" She looks annoyed that I am asking all these questions.