Chapter 5/The Plan

POV Chris

Am I having a mini heart attack? I don't know what's happening. I just fell to the ground and then i see weird hallucinations and then I see Maya kissing me?

"Wake up Chris! Please wake up!" I hear her say to me. Then I feel her lips on mine again. After that I feel her pounding on my chest for some reason. I feel a breath coming on.

She kisses me again. Air comes out of my mouth. I open my eyes again. She is on my chest, not pounding on it but, crying. I put my good arm on her back and she looks up."Hi, what just happened?"

I look around me and see the others with their mouths dropped. I wave at them. They wave still in shock about something that just happened.

"You. Just. Died."

"It didn't feel like dying? I was here the whole time. Didn't you see my head move?"

"No dude, you were definitely not moving." Boss says. He face is so flat and motionless right now. Like he just saw a ghost. I guess he did when you think about it. I died.

I stop looking at them and then look at Maya."Were you kissing me?"

"I was trying to do C-P-R on you."

"Well, I think you should try again because my heart is going to stop because you are so drop dead gorgeous." I say. Nailed it! Best line ever.

She smiles."You know I have only know you for what? Ten minutes tops?" She says getting closer to my lips.

"True love is seen right away." She kisses me on the lips. I kiss back. Hard.

After a little while we stop because people are watching. I look over and see everybody laughing. I get up.

"It's not that funny?" I say while putting my good arms in the air.

They don't say anything back. The only one that isn't doing anything is Maria. She just looks at me. She is about to say something to me but then stops herself. She leaves the room.

"What's with her?" Amy says.

I start walking toward where she went. "I wish I knew." I say.

"What's with him?" Boss says in the background.

I walk really slowly to where she went. I hear crying. I walk loudly so she can collect herself if she wants to. I walk over to her."Hi." I say softly.

She doesn't respond. Her face is lifeless."So are you mad at me or something? Is it because i didn't die or something? I can be a pain in the butt sometimes I know that."

"The thing is that you don't know that. Nobody really knows that! I am the only one that really knows!" Her face is red right now.

"How do you know about me?" I come closer to her.

"You know how I told you I got whipped by my parents? Well somehow whenever I touch one of the scars I get a memory back. It's painful to do though."

"And what memory did you get?"

"Well the first one of course was my parents hurting me. Then the newest one I saw was you kissing a girl."

"Okay, that's what Guys like me do. Kiss girls."

"Yeah, but I was watching this from not my perspective, not yours, just nobody's, I was just watching me see you kiss another girl. I ran out of the room crying. Now why would I do that?" She crosses her arms.

"Because you have always had a crush on me?" I say.

"No, that was dashed in 5th grade. The crush was dashed. We were dating. And you cheated on me."