Chapter 25

I chose easy.

I chose easy over the hard choice. I thought that I was going to try to keep up a fight with them. Except I don't think I can do hard.

I have already lost this fight. I will loose it over and over again if I still try. So why bother. I have no chance of a good easy life like everybody else. I never did after last years game. Maybe even when I played my first game.

I wonder if they will make me play again. They will probably have to drag me by my hands and feet to do the game again.

By now I have realized that I have been walking. Not that much because I can still see the door frame of which we and out. I can still hear the whispering from all the people that are in the room right now. Why was Tornado there? He didn't seem that important in the games? Maybe he's important here.

The lady types in something to open the door. I don't even know her name yet and she has, been in my dreams and made me choose an easy side of living. What kind of person can do something like that to a person?

I hear a beeping sound and the door opens. I enter before she can. I come to a halt. I see Eva and Dylan. But not in the way I imagined.

"What the hell did you do to them?! I thought you said you just took the implant out?" I run towards them.

They are both in these metal chairs. Eva's shirt is ripped a little and has been crying a lot. So much that it seems like the tears made an indent.

Dylan's eyes are closed and his head is dropped down. I also see a lot of rips in his shirt. I can't see if he has been crying but I am suspecting that he has been.

They both have blood and scratches on their arms, face, neck, and legs.

"What did you do?!" I run closer to them and see Eva starts crying again. She keeps looking at me but nudges her head to gesture for me to look at Dylan. I do what she says.

I move my hands to touch Dylan's head to see if he's okay but I can't. The next thing I know Dylan's face look alert and ready for anything. He grabs my arm with both hands. I see that Dylan isn't looking at me. He is looking behind me. He is looking at the lady. I look behind me and she nods while turning around so she doesn't look at us. Then I hear a pop. Agonizing pain is what is next. He broke my arm. I look at Eva and she looks shocked at what just occurred. I am too.

I feel something tug at my arm and drag me father away from Eva. I scream and kick. Nothing happens. I open my eyes to see Dylan is dragging me by my arm closer to the lady. Why is he doing this? What did they do to him? He stop dragging me and now I am right in front of the lady. I keep lying on my side. I can't do anything else because if I try I will probably start screaming again.

"Why...are...you...doing...this?" I get out very slowly because I feel like I am going to faint or something.

"Because it's my job to keep this way of living working. You are helping me too. Remember? You all are." She gestures at the whole room. Then she kneels down to talk to me."One word of advice so you don't get a broken arm again Chris. Don't do anything without being told. You got that?" I don't say anything. She pushes her foot on my arm. I scream.

"Yes! Yes!" She stops and then I crawl into a ball.

"Interesting how you can control somebody when they don't have anything to control themselves don't you think? I have done it a few times but never tried it with a Hacker." Dylan. Dylan is the first to be controlled and a hacker."Though I have tried once before. Except that was with a girl and it didn't work. I tried controlling Eva too but again I couldn't with a girl. Maybe they are too strong-willed. I would try with you too but you still have that implant. I will have to use you and Eva for other purposes."

"W-What would those purposes be?" I hear Eva say very weakly.

"Controlling the other half of the year game. The one that you guys don't participate in because it's different from the game. You guys are in the September game but this is the March game. You will help control and modify it. You will also help find any Hackers." The last part made we twitch. I have to find what I became and end it. And if I lie about somebody being a Hacker or saying nobody is a Hacker they will probably punish me. I look into her eyes."You got that Hacking Scum?"

I don't respond at first. Then I feel Dylan kick me to the floor."Yes! Okay? I heard you! I will do whatever you say!"

"Good." I see her walk in circles around me."You know that's what we expected from you when you came in the game. You would do anything we would tell you. We trusted all the families in the game. And with you I don't think we can trust your family anymore."

"Why would you do that just because I didn't like how things were going? Don't blame my family for your stupid choices that made me choose what I did."

"Very honorable of you." She doesn't say anything else. She just keeps circling."Now get up. Take Eva, and Dylan will take you where you guys are be taken." I get up and go towards Eva who's eyes are closed. I touch her cheek and she looks up. She gets out of the rope and we start walking out towards where the lady said we would go. Then I hear the clickity-clack of somebody shoes behind us. The lady. I wonder what she wants now.

"I forgot to tell you my name. It's Neha." I keep walking. Why would I care? "And I am the creator." Now it makes sense. I saw her in the hotel. And the person in the hotel said she was the creator. Ha, the funny thing is that I killed her there. I wish I could now.

We get to a stop and Dylan opens the door to the place where we need to go. Now I see what they do with Hackers. I never really knew the real facts.

I step into the room immediately with Eva and the door shuts behind us. Typical. I walk more into the room.

In this room, it is filled with Hackers. Then there is their trick-of-the-trade. Computers. Rows and rows of them. All of them are filled except for three seats. For me and Eva.

"Hello everybody. I am Chris and does anybody know how to put a dis-located arm back in it's socket?" That's the first thing I say to all my Hacker buddies.

They all gradually stare at me. All their eyes open wide. Do they know me? I guess so.

I see one of them get up from his seat. He smiles and touches my arm."This will hurt a lot but only for moment. Okay?" I nod and close my eyes.

"Anything that makes pain is fine right now. I need something to snap me back to reality."