Chapter 23

POV Chris

I feel everything. Everything that was stored in my brain has now come out. I feel so free. Like I could do anything. I could do anything to anybody.

Except for now I am in this boring dreary room. Right now, I am still in the stupid straight jacket I could easily get out of if I find the information in my brain. This whole thing is a puzzle and it's so easy to put together.

The door right there I see so many flaws in it. That glass up above me I could easily break and all those people fall to there death. For now I will stay in this little room in my own little corner and wait. If I wait I can contact my friends. Eva and Dylan.

I look behind my shoulder because the door opens. I twist so I am still in my little corner but now can see the door creaking open. I see a person with a tray. Finally food.

They sit on the floor to get to where I am. They have a spoon in hand and in the spoon is food."Why can't I eat it with my own two hands?" I still haven't looked at the persons face.

The person doesn't respond. The spoon just comes to my mouth. I keep my mouth closed. The person sighs.

"Come on Chris. Just work with us please." I look up and see that the person is Carly. One of the people in the group that just vanished at the ends of the game."We-I-want to make it easier for you."

"What are you doing here?!" She puts down the spoon and looks into my eyes.

"You know Chris. You know everything. Why don't you tell me on your own." She puts down the food.

"Your family is the head of the whole headquarters. But why are they making you work?"

"Because I wanted to do more than just sitting at home and watching TV when I come back from the games. That's why I do this. I get a little money but not much. It's still some though."

"Why are you feeding me, personally, food?"

"Because I wanted to say goodbye before before they start the testing." I nod.

While I look at her I see so many flaws just like the door. I can see where to attack. I can see if I could use her in some way to get out. I see sooo many flaws it's not even possible. But I never see the good. Why can't I see the good. Maybe because this society has no good so I can't see any good in people that are okay with it.

After a while of just staring she finally goes back to feeding me. I feel like a little baby getting fed by his mother. Except in my case I am getting fed by Carly, the girl that I almost killed in the games.

We finish after a few minutes because I didn't want to eat it all. She got up and headed to the door.

"Carly. Tell my parents I want to see them."

"Are you sure? They probably don't want to see you." I nod.

"I know, that's why I want to see them. To get everything straight." She nods and shuts the door behind.

I lay back on my back. I close my eyes and look at what I have in my brain.

All I see is darkness. But then I see something. A little spark. I look into the little spark and see that it has a memory. I open it.

~~Flashback!~~

"Ya ready you guys?" I say yelling at everybody."Lets get on our weird bad things!" We all head to these little beds that sit up a little like a chair. I sit in mine. Maya sits next to me and Zachary on the other side."You scared your going to die again Zach?" He laughs.

"I think you should be more scared because this year I heard that everybody is going to gang up in you at the end."

"Yeah right. They would never do that."