Chapter 6/The Decoys

*Now one of my friends didn't remember who Dash was so just to tell again she is the girl in the group that Chris's group met in the beginning of when they were in the place.*

POV CHRIS

I just stand there for a little while. After that little while I finally get moving out to where everybody else is.

I see Maria and Jack laughing, he has put his arm around her tugging her closer to him. I look away from them and then go towards Maya. She smiles.

"We are in a group!" She says.

"For what?" I ask while looking around. Boss and Amy are together, Maria and Jack are together, Tornado and Joseph are together. Then me, Maya, and Zach. Really? Why can't it just be me and Maya?!

"We are roaming around this hotel to stretch out our legs." Zach says to me. He smiles."Now where should we go first?"

"Don't know. Let just go wherever the wind takes us!" Maya says. We walk up the steep stairs. I look both ways.

"Let's go left. Already went the other way when they took the bullet out of me." We all nod and go to the left.

The left like usual has cobwebs and all the old things. I see some plastic chairs just lying around. I see on the walls that there are pictures of bodies of water. It said in the booklet that there aren't any of those anymore. We used up all the water in the big war. Some how we still have water though.

I look right in front if me and see the window. To be more specific, the open window. Why is it open? This place hasn't been used in a long time? It's probably nothing. We keep walking and see a lot of rooms. Some have these little tag things that say, Do Not Disturb, on them. Then some doors are open. Some doors are off their hinges. This place is a wreck.

Did people just leave in a hurry or something? All these places in this city look so wrecked. Is this place really a city at all? Maybe they have gone into our minds and made us believe that we are living in this world.

"It's cold." Maya says. This is my chance.

"Here you go." I take off my jacket and put it over her shoulders.

"Thanks." I glare at Zach.

He catches on."I am going to just leave you too alone. I will just go..look at...that plant over there!" He points at this plant that is at the end of the hallway.

"Are you really cold?" I give her a look.

"No, I just wanted to see what you would do if I was." She takes off the jacket and gives it back to me. I smile and put it back on. I sniff it."Did. You just. Sniff. Your. Jacket?" She crosses her arms.

"What pfft no I didn't." I say scratching my head trying to act casual.

"Yeah you did." Zach says.

"I am so getting you back for that Zachary James!" I say pointing. He puts a thumb up behind his head.

"Well it's creepy but sort of sweet." She comes closer to me.

"That's me to a tee! Creepy but a touch of sweet!" She laughs and then the next second I put my hands on her waist. Then she puts her hands on my waist. We look at each other. And smile. Then of course we kiss.

"Hey-!" I hear Zach say. Then he stops whatever else he was going to say for some reason.

"What?" I turn my head to where he was standing and then not see him? Why isn't he there.

"Finally some privacy." Maya says.

I laugh."We're just kissing Maya. Not that big of a crime."

We kiss again. She goes to the wall. I lift her up. We still kiss. I put my hand back on her waist why she puts her legs around my waist. We just look at each other.