Chapter 13

"Would you really kill them?" Stella's eyebrow raises at me.

"I don't know. If I have to I will. Okay?" I look around."Lets just start running again." I hear the silence of the night for a chance. We start to run.

I can feel the anger inside me wanting to come out. I keep it in. For now. I stop. Then I start to whisper."Well this seems like the edge of the city." Right in front of us is a little bit of a paved road but then a wall. A steel wall. How could we have not seen that? It must be like 100-200 ft tall! Why would somebody waste money on something as rudimentary as this? We are rats in a rat trap. We can't get out anyway we think of. We are stuck and always will be.

"Is this a joke?" Stella says behind me. "We came all the way here for this? What the hell is this place really? We can't get out obviously. And if we stay here we have to run and not stay in one place the whole time." She stomps away.

"You guys don't need to stay with me you know? The only reason those people are trying to find you guys is because of me. I don't know why a hacker is bad in this city but it is bad for you guys if you stay with me."

"Are you telling us to leave you?" Caelia asks.

"Yes. I don't want to hurt anybody anymore." I put my hands on my face. "I just want to be alone from now on."

"But-" I cut her off.

"No! Just leave! Okay?"

I hear silence for a little while."Come on Caelia let's go. He's right. It will be better this way." Eddie says.

"Fine. Stella! We're going!" I hear Stella's footsteps coming to us. Then I hear them leaving."Chris!"

"Yeah?"

"If I ever turn on you and go crazy like Maria. Please kill me before I kill you."

"How do you know you will try to kill me?"

"I have a feeling there are only a few groups. These few groups will meet you old group and the new beginners soon and they will tell everybody that you are bad news. At any site of you you will get killed. And when we leave you they will find us and tell us why we should kill you. I just don't want to kill you so please, kill me first." I see sadness in her eyes. She knows when we split up her group will start going psycho like Maria and Boss. That the only thing they will know after they get the information about me is to kill me. That will be her first instinct. I just nod. Fid I just agree to kill her so she doesn't kill me? And what is the reason that they all want to kill me? I don't think it's just because I am a Hacker. There has to be more than just that to my story.

I look at the big wall. I see something on it. I think I see a note of some kind. I walk up close to read it.

Go to the church. If you are reading this you must be Chris and his group. Go to the Church where you will find us and we'll explain everything.

-Eva and Dylan

I guess they are the only people I can trust right now. I wonder where Zach went after they took him. But did they take him? Or was it the creators? When I got the note telling me to go out of the hotel and if I don't Zach will get killed. That means the people that took me for that brief period also took Zach. I hope they didn't kill him.

Well I better start running to the church before I grow old and die.

It seems that running clears my head a little but this time it just bring un-answered questions.Who where those people that took me. What is that memory that everybody has of me that is so bad? Is it that bad that everybody want to kill me? And would I be able to kill to save my life?

I don't know if I could do that. But I have to. If I ever see Caelia again.

I finally take all those question out of my brain because I am here. At the Church. I walk slowly up to the door. I hesitate but then I open it. I open the door to see a big flashy light in my face."Good god take that light out before I go blind!" I put my arms up to shield my face from the light.

"Chris? Wow you got here really fast. Where's your group?" Eva's voice says from the shadows.

"We split up." I see Dylan.

"You split up just like that? Why?"

"Because I was putting them at harm if they stayed with me."

Dylan laughs."You don't know what you just did. We might of needed them. We could of gotten rid of them at the end." He sighs.

"By getting rid of what do you mean? Injure? Kill?"

"Kill. Obviously."

"Why is it obvious? This is killing for ya! It's horrible!"

Eva and Dylan look at each-other and sigh."I wish he could come back to us. Be the old Chris."

"What do you mean old Chris? Did I like killing people? Did I like bringing harm to people?"

"The first thing yes and the second thing you didn't bring harm physically but you harmed them mentally."

There is silence for a little.

"Can you just tell me what I need to know? I am getting tired of waiting." They nod."Maria said I had to come here to get my memories back. I don't know if I want them back."

"Oh you'll want them back. It will be better to fight them."

"Fight who?" I know that answer but I don't want to think of it.

"Your old group. It might be a little easier to kill them if you get your old self back." That sounds horrible.

"Well how do I get them to let me get my memories back? Maria also said that they might not want me to get my memories back."

"She is right about that but your a hacker Chris. The best I know. No we will let you have some time in here to talk to the creators to yourself." They look at each other and then leave and shut the door behind him.

Can I trust them? Is this just all a big act to get me to the new beginners to kill me? Or are they really good and really helping me? I guess I have no choice.

I look around the church to see it look like any church. Wooden walls. Stained glass windows. Rows are seats. Then I see the confession booth. Maybe that's where I should go. I walk over to the booth and open the door. I sit down and now I am in silence.

"Hi I'm Chris. Well you probably already know that because you put me in here. I just want to know why everybody hates me and want to kill me. Maybe after I get the information I will let's them do what they need to do." I wait for a response. Nothing. Just me talking to myself."Fine. Whatever I don't really care anyway." I open the confession booth door.

"I think you do care what people think of you. That's why you want this." I stop in my tracks to see a man. An older man. Hair that goes into a ponytail. His hair is brown but I think it's naturally blonde.

"Who are you? How did you get in here?"

"I am the creator. I can do whatever I want." He smirks."And I want to give your memories back."

"Really? You really want to give me the memory that everybody hates me for?"

"Yes I do. But I must say. It will be painful and you might change. Maybe not for the good too."

"Okay let's get this show on the road." I clap my hands together and come closer to the man.

He come closer to me and puts his hands on my head and closes his eyes."Are you ready?"

I nod."Okay then. Let's get this show on the road. Let's show this bad boy side of you."