Chapter 28

"Me?! Because of me?!" She laughs a little while pushing herself backwards to get away from me.

"Yes you. Remember that year when we were the last two?! We thought that maybe we didn't need to kill each other like we did to all those others! Of course we were so stupid! I ran away from you and his somewhere because I was getting these weird people speaking in my head. The next thing I knew was something pulling me off the ground and that's when I realized you did something. The only reason I was getting helped up was that you did something. You killed yourself." Me having to say this to her makes me even more angry! "Who would do this to kids?! Who would make kids realize that their best friend just killed herself to get out of the world?! This is a sick world. When I realized that somebody reached out to me! Two people reached out to me. Eva and Dylan. They we so nice and helped me get through what you did to me!"

Maria stares at me. She doesn't scream. She doesn't look scared in her eyes but one thing that give it away that she is scared is that she is still backing away from me. So I start to walk towards her."So you ask why I went insane? You might ask who did this to you? Well just look in the mirror and you will see the culprit. You." She stops backing away finally. I stop coming towards her."Remember that time you said I was cheating on you?" She doesn't nod her head but she knows what I mean."Well you were right, I did. Right after that game I did." I look into her eyes so much she probably thinks I am looking into her sole."Guess who I cheated on you with?" She doesn't say anything. I am guessing she doesn't want to hear it but I just can't keep it in."Maya Rich. Yes I know, the one that my family has the big feud with. She liked me during the games and I liked her during the games. We connected. Unlike us. I think if it would've been me and Maya that year she would've tried to keep looking for me. Maybe I would even try to find her after a little while. She wouldn't just give up just like that. Maybe I wouldn't have even been a hacker."

"Being a hacker has helped me a lot. It helps me decide who's good and who's bad. I definitely know which one you are."

"Do you really mean any of what you just said?"

Do I really mean that or am I trying to just make something sure for once. Nothing in my life right now is perfect. "Yes. Every w-word." This time, I can't keep tears from coming out of my eyes. I start crying. A lot. I fall to the ground."Every w-word. Every word." I keep saying those two words,'every word,' over and over again. I look up and don't see Maria. Where did she go? I run down the corridors where Robert and Carly and Amy were in. I don't see them either. Where did everybody go?

I run to where the cafeteria is. I look around then I feel somebody touch my shoulder. Robert."Hey. Sorry we left you guys but we got hungry. speaking about people. Do you know where Maria is?" Robert says. He looks worried.

"I was about to ask you the same question. I was..." I don't want to say crying."Talking to her about things, I closed my eyes for one second and she was gone. I thought you guys would know."

"We would of seen here come out of the corridor because it's a dead end. She wouldn't have had another way to go." I see Carly say behind me."We could she have-" Right when Carly was going to say,'gone' we hear a loud shriek from the direction of another corridor. We run over their and she Amy on her knees in a puddle of blood. I help her up and she goes into Robert's arms.

"Oh my gosh. Who could of done this?" Carly says.

Maria. Maria dead on the floor. We didn't even hear a gun shot but I definitely see a bullet wound.

She might ask who did that to Maria but I know who did it. S.A.I.D. Stupid Superior American Intelligence Defense did this to her. Leah told me if somebody knows that I am a hacker they will wipe there memory. Anna said if I disobey any rules they will kill my friends one by one. What rules did I disobey? Or is this a question of them thinking it's too much of a hassle to wipe her memories when she is probably going to get them back because of her dad beating her? I don't know but I will find this out.