What she said, right or wrong

Cara was excited and so was her sister. They were all going together for a trip into the country. They would leave early the next morning to go to an unspecified spot that Trent said she would love. They planned to take their bow and arrows for some target shooting fun, and Trent said he would make sure they had plenty of the most delicious food for a picnic. Best of all, was the list of people who were going. Besides she and Trent, were Daniel and his girlfriend, Rosa, Justin, Gianna, and her sister, Evie.

"I don't know what to wear," said Evie.

"Doesn't matter what you wear," Cara answered. "We're going for a trip in the country. Not like we're going to be seeing royalty."

Evie shook her head, seemingly exasperated. "You're royalty, or soon will be and certainly Prince Trent is and Daniel and now even Justin."

"Evie, don't worry about it. We're just out for a fun day in the country. Nobody's going to be dressed up. Besides, no one cares what you wear."

"Really?" said Evie, looking up from some things she had laid out on the bed. "I care what I wear."

* * *

The next day, fairly early in the morning, Trent came for her. "Ready?" he said after entering.

"Almost," said Cara from the back of the apartment. "Give me just a minute." She came to him in the front room and noted how sporty he looked with his open medium length tan jacket over the carmine of his tunic. On his belt was his sword and in his right hand he carried a silver cane. She went to him and they kissed.

They walked together to the stable, Cara realizing that with his much impaired walking, it was scarcely possible for him to hold her hand. She walked beside him. There, at the stables they met the others. All seemed in high spirits, and ere long they rode together through the uplifted gates and toward the forest.

Cara noted that Trent was his usual self on horseback, not at all affected by his bad leg. Sometimes he took the lead and at other times it was Daniel who apparently also knew the way. Trent frequently dropped back to talk with her and when he rode ahead Cara was content to talk with the others. Often it was Evie, who rode alongside her, who being new in Bavaria had questions.

Then, sometimes she would talk with Gianna and at times even with Justin. Despite that he was now a royal knight and fiend of Trent's, when he spoke with her he seemed much like his old stable boy self. His changed status and how he still acted with her made her smile. At times, when she wasn't engaged in conversation, Cara would look at the often beautiful scenery or look toward Trent where he frequently was in the lead. She was happy knowing that she would be his princess.

Daniel spent much of his time talking to his girlfriend, Rosa, when he wasn't in the lead. As they rode along, Cara saw him become seemingly enthralled with the scene they had come upon. He rode quickly to the front to talk with Trent. Trent stopped, turned his horse around and spoke to them all. "As Daniel has noted, this looks like a good place to stop and enjoy some archery. Let's have some fun shooting and then I know a great place to have our picnic." He turned to address a youth named Leo who up to now had occupied the rearmost place in the company of equestrians. As the rest of the company dismounted, Leo began unpacking a large bag with bows and a great number of arrows.

Cara stood with Evie looking out on the scene. They had arrived at the upper part of a gently sloped grassy ridge that on the right looked down on fields and mountains in the distance, and to the left toward great trees of a forest. Leo came among them, passing out their bows and handing out arrows. After doing that, Trent pointed him toward two large trees just downhill and he went to attach colorful round targets to each of them.