Chapter 1

She was met with blinding light, so bright it was as if thousands of cameras had flashed in her face. Her hands found their way over her eyes, " Hello?" she called out, after not receiving an answer like she hoped, she felt her pale cheeks heat up with embarrassment, even if it seemed there was no one there to see her being so transparent.

Slowly, she removed her hands from out in front her eyes and peaked. She was in a totally white room, along with a plain white desk with two chairs on either side. With her curiosity aroused she looked around the room and moved around, running her hand along the smooth table as she travelled behind it to check for drawers or something of the sort, something to give her a clue as to where she might be.

There was nothing, no drawers, absolutely nothing. Why was she here?

All of her senses were on high alert, waiting for something out of the ordinary to happen. With her so focused on waiting, causing her anticipation to build, it scared her half to death when a bright crimson door materialized out of thin air.

She let out a squeak of surprise, then proceed to approach it with caution. Pushing all thoughts aside she reached forward, and when her hand was merely inches away from the golden knob it swung open, smacking her in the face.

She lied sprawled out on the ground and groaned. " What are you doing on the floor?" asked a silky voice. She shot up to see a woman smiling in the doorway. Beautiful was one way to describe her, with her straight nose, slightly slanted sapphire-eyes, full lips, heart shaped face, and porcelain skin that didn't have a blemish or freckle.

The woman walked out of the door frame and gracefully made her way to one of the chairs, her glossy light brown ponytail swinging behind her. She wore a plain white dress with long sleeves and pencil skirt, completed with simple white heels.

" Please sit." she said kindly. Gesturing for the girl with rosy cheeks  to take a seat. The woman's smile grew, " Okay Evelyn, now," she began", what's next?" she asked tilting her head. Evelyn's mouth went dry, " How'd you know my name?" she asked.

The woman gave a tinkling laugh, " Oh you're a smart girl, you'll understand soon enough." Evelyn looked down at her hands that were placed politely in her lap. Her eyes scanned her finger where she had gotten a nasty paper cut the day before while turning in an exam.

With a beating heart her thin fingers began to pull the tan bandage away, and was met with nothing, not, as if it had never been there, That's when the reality of things set in. It hadn't been a dream.

She didn't begin screaming and crying, she didn't start demanding answers and shouting threats at the woman, but instead let out a bitter laugh, " Am I dead?"

The woman nodded. and for the briefest second Evelyn could hear their drunken laughter and feel their hands touching her most intimate places. She swallowed and shivered involuntarily.

The woman she still did not know the name of gave her a pitying look, " Yes, we will not name your cause of death but I must tell you, your life was interrupted by this incident, so you were not able to reach your full potential and take your place in this world by your own path. You're barely a woman after all, so you have two choices, Evelyn," she finished.

Evelyn bit her thumb nail in thought, a bad habit she had. ", And what are these choices?" she asked skeptically.

" Well it decides where you go next." she answered. As soon as the words left her mouth Evelyn had went into panic mode, " You mean like Heaven or Hell!" she gasped. The beautiful woman's eyes widened, " Oh no honey!" she said, " I mean....a chance."

" A chance?"

The woman nodded, " Yes a chance, to do things right."

Evelyn frowned, She hadn't done anything wrong her entire life, never once rebelled, never failed a test, never did drugs, she didn't do anything actually.