Chapter 23

" What do you mean it's not here yet?" Evelyn asked. The clerk at the quidditch shop ran and hand through his copper hair, " I'm sorry ma'am, but it isn't." he sighed checking his list of packages that were delivered that week.

Evelyn ran- or tried to run a hand through her dark curly hair. The man gave her a fake apologetic smile and left through the door that she presumed went to the back of the store.

She scowled and made a face at his retreating back, and made her way out of the store, deciding to head to the Apothecary and restock her potions supply.

!

" Regulus hand me that Neem Oil." said the deep voice or Orion Black. Orion was a handsome man with broad shoulders, a narrow waist, a rather thick vintage ebony black undercut with streaks of silver, stubble that went from his jaw to his upper lip, chiseled jaw, sharp cheekbones, and cool silver eyes much like his eldest son's.

" Yes father," Regulus said, obediently grabbing the item from the shelf and handing it to his father. His father inspected the item and shook his head, " This won't do." he huffed. Giving the vial back to his son.

Regulus sighed and placed it on the shelf. It was early so they were the only customers in the store. The store's bell rang and he saw a head full of dark curls enter, Evelyn. Regulus paled, his father- Merlin.

Evelyn was browsing when she saw Regulus and smiled and waved. She walked over but stopped when she saw a man looming over him who staring at her with curiosity. His stare unnerved her, but she couldn't tear her gaze away from him.

He raised a groomed eyebrow, " And who might you be? And how do you know my son?" he asked.

Evelyn straightened up and smiled, " Evelyn sir- and I just know him from school..." she couldn't think of anything else.

Orion narrowed his eyes, " Evelyn? Evelyn Truelove?" he asked.

Surprised, Evelyn nodded. " Yes, I've heard a good bit about you, some-er- family friends tell me that you are quite the insufferable know it all, that vexes everyone in the room," he stated bluntly.

Regulus grimaced as his father's words.

" I try," Evelyn said cheekily, but then slapped a hand to her mouth when she remembered who she was talking to. Regulus had to hide his laugh with a cough, and Orion had a smile tugging on his lips.

Orion gave up and barked a laugh, " Witty girl aren't you?" he asked amused.

Evelyn smiled back shyly, not knowing what to say. " Are you the one who helps my son with his Herbology?" he asked.

Regulus choked on his spit, and Evelyn's eyes widened comically. Orion smirked triumphantly, " Horace usually tells me what is happening with my children while they are away, and from what I have been told you are rather brilliant in potions." he said.

Evelyn blushed," I am." she admitted, she knew she was good so why deny it? Orion nodded his head, rather happy that she wasn't being overly modest nor was she boastful.

" So what could you tell me about the polyjuice potion and its side effects?" he asked. Without thinking, Evelyn launched into the subject with slight excitement.

" So you cannot add Knoxweed after the Boomslang?" he asked, Evelyn nodded her head," That's right, you see you can't add any powder that is like Knoxweed after skin from a reptile," she replied. They kept on for the next five minutes, and Regulus wanted to die.

The two biggest potion nerds were in his presence and they wouldn't shut up.

!

After a good-bye, Regulus and his father left the Apothecary. They were silent until Orion said, " If Sirius is going to chase a half-blood I'm glad it's that one." he said.