Chapter 33

Christmas holidays would begin in a few days and Evelyn was eager to return home and spend time with her family. Edwin was going to be with them over the break, much to Nicole and Evelyn's excitement.

Sirius and Evelyn's date had been only a week ago, so it was too soon to call them a couple or anything. At first, she thought she had just been flattered by what he had told her but now... she believed she was developing feelings for him.

He had become a real person to her. He could be vulnerable, kind, generous, and even bashful. The more he opened up the more she would find herself longing for his company and attention.

Regulus was avoiding her again, most likely due to the fact she went on a date with his brother, well obviously it was because of that. She had beat herself up over it when she realized she couldn't prioritize someone's feelings above her own, she had to do what made her happy.

At the same time, she missed the younger Black, and he had avoided her well before she even considered going on a date with Sirius. She didn't know what to do.

-

" Christmas, Christmas, Christmas!" James sang as he shoved clothes into his trunk, "I can't wait to get home,"

Sirius nodded his head in agreement, " Snowball fights, your mum's cooking, presents, and no school," he sighed thoughtfully, " You still coming over to James' house for Christmas, Moony?" he asked.

Remus nodded," Yes but I'm going to be with my family for a few days, my dad has been promoted and we're supposed to be having dinner with one of the heads of the Magical Law Enforcement, and as you two know ... something like this is very rare for my family...." Remus trailed off.

" Hey," Sirius said putting a hand on Remus's shoulder," It'll be fine, who's the head anyway?"

Remus raised his eyebrows," You don't know?" he asked.

James chuckled "Really mate?"

" What?" Sirius asked confused.

Remus shook his head," Evelyn's father."

" What?!" Sirius yelped. Remus smiled innocently," Yep, and I'll be sure to tell him all about you and his daughter."

James began laughing like a maniac and Remus smirked, "Don't think you're off the hook Prongs, what did you say...Oh yes! ' Wrap your wacker before you attack her.'"

James gulped, " Moony...you wouldn't do that, would you?"

Remus laughed," No, I rather not have you two killed, what can I say? You've grown on me." he replied with distaste.

-

" Come on Nic!" Evelyn shouted stepping onto the train.

" Coming!" the blonde called, Nicole turned back to Marlene," Write me, will you?"

Marlene smiled, " Of course! You write me too okay?"

Nicole nodded," Okay, bye!" she said.

Marlene hugged her and she hugged back.

" I'm getting on without you!" Evelyn quipped, turning to the entrance.

She used her wand to magically carry her trunk to her and Nicole's usual compartment. "Hey Ev!" a familiar voice shouted.

Evelyn turned around to see Sirius dodging people to get to her," Hey Sirius." she said when he got to her.

He gave her that roguish grin she had become quite fond of. " So I hear Moony's coming over to your place," he said.