Chapter 64: Never

August 15

They weren't able to have a birthday party for Neville or Harry so Evelyn and Sirius sent their presents. Molly had given birth to a baby girl by the name of Ginevra.

Since Sirius and Evelyn had decided to limit the number of people who came over to their house, they decided to not have a birthday party for Eurielle, much to her and her parent's disappointment, but they understood.

-

September 7th

Jests of light, everywhere, spells were cast and dodged. Evelyn's mind was fuzzy, but her instincts weren't. She climbed up the stairs and headed to the nearby room for cover, All she knew was she had to move faster and get away from them, because he'll be back soon.

Evelyn shot up, her heart hammering against her chest and cold sweat running down her back. Her movement had caused Sirius to wake up as well," Love you okay?" he asked his voice heavy with sleep. Evelyn turned to her husband who had turned on a lamp.

" Just a bad dream." she felt a tear fall from her eye and onto her white nightgown.

Sirius pulled his wife into his bare chest," You're okay love," he whispered, kissing her neck," Everything's fine."

Evelyn nodded her head weakly. A soft wail echoed throughout the house and she bolted up. Sirius gently got her to sit back down on the bed," I'll go get her." he said. Evelyn sighed but sat still.

Sirius got up and grabbed his pajama pants from the floor and quickly put them on. He walked out of the room and two doors down.

He opened the door and saw Eurielle standing up in her crib, her curls still perfect and little tears running down her cheeks.

Her soft crying stopped as Sirius made his way over," 'Ello princess." he said with a smile. Eurielle planted a sloppy kiss on his cheek, making him smile.

Sirius took a look around the nursery, a habit he had. The clock on the drawer said 5 am, he wasn't going back asleep now. Eurielle wrapped her arms around her daddy and snuggled into the crook of his neck, her tiny hand resting on his shoulder where a tattoo of a gladiolus flower was.

-

September 27th

" I love you so much, you know that right," Evelyn said from beside Sirius.

Sirius kissed his wife on the cheek," I know, and I love you too."

The young mom took a deep breath and picked up the quill, and signed her name.

He grabbed it after her and signed hi name beside her own. Evelyn let out a shuddering breath, she'd just signed her will. Everything went to Ellie while the rest went to Harry.

" I won't give up on us, and I swear we'll get through this," Sirius said into her hair. Evelyn cried into her husband's shoulder," You can't be sure." she murmured.

Sirius lifted her chin up," Then I swear you and Ellie will."

" I couldn't live without you."

" And I couldn't live without you."

Evelyn cupped his rough cheek," Don't leave me." she whispered. Sirius shook his head.

" Never."

-

October 16

" On Halloween, we're going out, but we're coming back before it gets dark. James is ecstatic that he'll be able to get out of the house, what about you?" Lily asked.