Chapter 38

Summer, the time for relaxing- well sorta. She had a full agenda this year, volunteering at St. Mungos, Nicole's birthday, meeting Sabina, and Sirius, James, Nicole, and Marlene wanting Evelyn and Remus to take them to the muggle carnival. The list could go on.

Not that she wasn't excited, she wanted to see her friends outside of school, and spend quality time with Sirius alone. Lindsey had offered for him to have dinner with them, which was cool with Evelyn,but at the same time, she wasn't so thrilled with the idea. She still hadn't told her dad about dating ' that shady teenager'.She wasn't sure how he would react, she'd have to talk to Sirius and her mom about it.

Nicole had already told Lindsey and Sam about her relationship with Marlene. Her father had smiled and patted Nicole's back, "Glad to hear! If only Evelyn could be more like you, you see with boys you only have to worry about one penis, but with girls, you have to worry about thousands."

Maybe she shouldn't tell Sirius?

!

" You want me to come over?"

It was her lunch break and she had decided to invite Sirius for ice cream.

Evelyn nodded," My mom mainly wants you to...and uh my dad doesn't exactly know we're ...uh..dating." she answered sheepishly.

Sirius groaned, " It's not that I don't want to meet him- I just don't want to be murdered." he said weakly.

Evelyn chuckled," You're being dramatic, it's not like I'm inviting every male in my family- hell you're lucky my brother isn't here."

Sirius snapped his eyes to hers," You....you have a brother?" he asked miserably. Evelyn raised an eyebrow," I thought you knew that I never told you?"

Sirius tapped his chin," You or James may have mentioned him, but other than that I don't remember at all." he drawled.

Evelyn frowned," Well his names Jemison, he's a curse breaker, he's 24, and he used to play Quadpot- oh and at Ilvermorny he was a Wampus." she stated smartly.

Sirius scrunched up his nose," What's a Wampus?"

Evelyn smiled," It's one of the houses at Ilvermorny, Wampus is said to favor the warriors and represent the body." she recited with a small smile on her face.

Sirius smiled," What house was your mum in?" he asked. " Pukwudgie, it's said to favor healers and represent the heart."

Sirius barked a laugh," No offense Ev...but to me your mum seems, in all honesty, but she's just so ..so sneaky,...kind of scary too. This Pukwudgie house sounds like a bunch of posies and lollies."

Evelyn smirked," Pukwudgies are magical creatures that carry a bow and arrow with them. People say they're loyal and independent creatures, and also known for playing tricks on humans, I'd say that it's too close to home,"

Sirius cleared his throat," Does...does your mom know how to use a bow?"

Evelyn nodded," Yeah."

Sirius sighed," Well...I'm officially terrified- so when's dinner?"

!

" Hey, dad?" Evelyn asked poking her head into his office," What is it love?" he asked putting his quill down.

Evelyn stepped in and her eyes swept around the room," Well you see...my- uh um er...youseemyboyfriend'scomingtodinnersobyenicechat!" she said quickly, she tried to make a run for it but he flicked his wand and the door slammed shut.

" Your what?" he asked with narrowed eyes.

Evelyn smiled innocently," Uh my boyfriend is coming over for dinner, but you know what I don't really think the term boyfriend fits, I prefer partner. Are we dating? Are we robbing a bank? Who knows! And he doesn't have to come over, you know what I'm going to owl him and say dinners off-"