Chapter 40

Sirius hopped onto the train, he had an uneasy feeling in his stomach, this was his last year. What was he supposed to do afterward? Get old and fat? He shuddered at the thought.

Sirius was walking in thought when he was stopped by a fifth-year he believed to be in his house," Hi." she hummed.

Sirius nodded," 'Ello." he said curtly.

She smiled," I'm Loraine Baker- I'm a fifth year." she said.

Sirius nodded," Oh I knew you looked familiar."

She was a bit taller than Evelyn, she had wavey light brown hair that went to her mid-back, green eyes, a pale blemish-free face, and light pink lips. She was pretty, but he thought Ev was prettier.

Sirius gave her a small smile that was obviously forced," Uh lovely to meet you." he said awkwardly.

She gave him a cat-like grin, oblivious to his obvious discomfort. Lori, or Lola, or whatever her name was, was getting awfully close to him.

" You as well, There's a Hogsmeade weekend coming up and I just wanted to see if you'd join me?" she asked batting her eyelashes.

Sirius gave her a tight smile," Sorry, but I'm in a happy relationship with my girlfriend- since January- but thank you."

Her small green eyes widened," Wha-what? You two are still dating?" she asked, bewildered.

Sirius frowned," Why're you so surprised?" he asked.

She blushed," Well, in all honesty, the entire school will be." she stated before being dragged off by one of her friends. Sirius's frowned deepened.

!

Evelyn and Nicole arrived at the station like usual, said goodbye, and boarded the train. Nicole said she was going to meet up with Marlene, and Evelyn went the opposite way.

She felt someone tap her shoulder and she yelped and swiftly turned around. Sirius was smirking slightly," Hello kitten."

Evelyn felt a blush adorn her cheeks as an idea blossomed in her head," Hello." She grabbed his hand and led him into a compartment, and shut the door.

One thing led to another and they were snogging, Evelyn was lying horizontally on the couch with Sirius on top. Sirius had a hand on her bare thigh while Evelyn was pulling lightly on his hair.

They had snogged like this before so it was nothing new, the author of this story is just lazy and doesn't really feel like it. Evelyn parted her mouth slightly and Sirius took this opportunity to-

The compartment door was thrown open," HELLO THERE FRIENDS!" James shouted. Evelyn threw Sirius off of her, and he fell to the floor with a thump.

James began to laugh wildly," Glad we came Remus, before things got too heated." he said wiggling his eyebrows.

Evelyn stood up and brushed her dress down," Well I'll see you soon Sirius. James, Remus."

Sirius glared at James," What the hell mate!?"

James laughed," Oh c'mon we didn't know you and Ev were getting all-"

" Don't you have to go to a meeting, Headboy?" Sirius snapped.

James's eyes widened, " SHIT!"

-

Term had just begun, and Evelyn was on her way to her first Ancient Runes class of the term, accompanied by Lily and Remus, the rest of the group was either heading to Muggle Studies or Care of Magical Creatures. Evelyn took neither.