Chapter 59: As You Wish

Never in a thousand years, Sirius Black would think he would get married. But here he was with his wife, lying beside him, sleeping soundly. Her hand over the beautiful bump that held his son or daughter.

They had told Samson a few days after the wedding, and after giving Sirius the stank eye he soon turned cheery, while Lindsey had to pretend she didn't know.

Molly Weasley was going to give birth any day now and it dawned on Sirius that Evelyn was now four months pregnant, and how quickly that had flown by. He would become a father soon, and they didn't even have anything picked out or ready for the baby's arrival.

" Good morning,"

Sirius felt himself sink farther down into the mattress as Evelyn scooted closer to him, " What ya thinking?" she asked.

He shook his head, " Nothing really,"

She pressed a kiss to his jaw and ran her thumb over his cheek, " Hmmm, can you grow out your stubble?" she asked.

He huffed a laugh and kissed the top of her head, " Sure, but I'm warning you, love, if my sexiness increases I think it may throw the earth off its axis,"

She snorted and sat up, " Don't worry, I think your head is already doing that, "

Sirius sat up as well and grabbed her chin, " How did I end up with such a mouthy witch?" he teased.

" You're just very lucky," she purred, pressing a quick kiss to his lips before standing up.

" C'mon honey, I'll make us some breakfast," she said opening their walk-in closet. She grabbed a light yellow sundress and flats, with her necklace showing proudly.

Sirius who was only in his pajama pants left it as it is, why should he get dressed? He followed his wife downstairs when he heard a knock at the door.

He groaned and stomped to the door,' Who the hell was here early' he thought. He opened the door to reveal Alice and Lily. Alice blushed at his bare chest while Lily scowled, " For God's sake Black." she muttered.

Sirius raised a dark eyebrow," What are you two doing over here?" he asked. The two pregnant women smiled," We've come to see Evelyn." Alice said, holding up a basket filled to the brim with food.

Sirius pouted, Evelyn had been craving things. Ever since the wedding she'd been wanting watermelon- even though it was out of season. Sirius sighed and let the two in.

-

They had to postpone breakfast for about an hour, Evelyn enjoyed the company but Sirius was rather annoyed. After they left and the couple finished breakfast and they had decided to go to Diagon Alley.

" All of these baby clothes are ugly," Evelyn whispered to Sirius. He laughed and kissed her bare shoulder, " Glad we're on the same page."

Evelyn continued walking through the story and almost squealed," Look how cute!" she squealed. It was a pair of footy pajamas with a heart on the bottom. Sirius grinned, It was adorable. Sirius grabbed it," Then we'll get it."

The next two hours they spent browsing and buying here and there, Evelyn needed new yarn and some chocolate. So they got that.

It was a rather peaceful day.

-

Sirius unlocked the door and helped Evelyn tote the bags inside.

" Nice place you have here." said a familiar voice. Sirius whipped around and shoved Evelyn behind him and pulled out his wand.

The man's silver eyes were tired, but hard all the same. Sirius glowered at the man lounging on his couch.

" Father." he hissed.

Orion Black raised a well-groomed eyebrow.

Sirius's face darkened, why the hell was he here? " What are you doing here?" he demanded, voicing his thoughts and Evelyn's. Orion grunted and lazily waved his wand, summoning a shot glass and the bottle of fire whiskey from the nearby shelf.

Sirius's eyes flashed," How-" Orion cut him off. " I let myself in," he said taking a swallow of the liquid, " I just wanted to meet my son's wife- well we have met before, but not properly."

Evelyn took a step forward but Sirius held out an arm," I want you out of my house." he spat.

Evelyn frowned," Sirius..." she said putting a hand on his extended arm. Orion looked over to Evelyn and furrowed his eyebrows," You're pregnant... how far along are you my dear?" he asked with curious eyes.

Evelyn put a hand to her belly and smiled softly," Four months." she replied. He nodded and looked to his son," I do not mean you or your wife harm, I just wanted to discuss somethings with you."

Sirius's expression was guarded and his usual playful and carefree attitude nowhere to be seen.

Evelyn put her small hand on his shoulder, he looked down and his eyes immediately softened. " Go ahead, I'll go make some tea." she looked over to her father in law," Would you like some sir?" she asked.

He nodded," If you would be so kind my dear." he replied in that polished way that Sirius would sometimes talk in. She gave him a friendly smile and went into the kitchen, leaving the two men alone to talk.

Sirius watched Evelyn walk away then turned to his father. Silver met silver. " Why have you come?" Sirius inquired coldly.

Orion looked the same as he did when Sirius was a child, the slicked-back hair with an undercut streaked with silver, handsome face, strong jawline, and cold eyes.

The older man smirked, that famous Black smirk that had gotten many girls to drop their panties, " I just wanted to say, no matter what- disowned or not- you're my son. Whether you like it or not." he took a sip of the firewhiskey," People are not going to be happy that your wife is pregnant."

Sirius clenched his jaw," Is that a threat?" he growled. Orion looked over to his son boredly," No it is not- It is a fact. In all honesty, I'm glad you're married." his silver eyes traveled to the door that led to the kitchen, ", And not running around with brainless sluts."

Sirius thought he saw his father's lip twitch but said nothing. Orion nodded his head," I have a feeling you want me to stay away from your child." he stated gruffly.

Sirius lowered his gaze to his hands before meeting his father's," Would you want to see them?" he asked. Orion was never one to talk, so this was strange for Sirius.

He let out a breath and set his glass down on the end table," I was far from the best father," he began," And I do regret somethings, I regret the way I let your mother treat you and Regulus, and I'll tell you this," Sirius sat up straighter.

" You were my favorite. You didn't let people run over you, yes your rebelliousness was vexing, but it showed you were strong and you could hold your own, and that's what I wanted. Your mother wanted you and Regulus to be puppets, but you had your own mind, and you were passionate about your beliefs- still are."

Sirius was speechless, and after a minute of silence" What does this have to do with my child?" he whispered, not allowing himself to be vulnerable in any way.

Orion smirked," If they're anything like that woman in there, they should be bearable, unlike you."

Sirius felt a smirk tug at his lips," We'll see, but if you or any of our family lays a hand on my child or wife," Sirius's eyes narrowed," I'll kill you."

Orion didn't flinch, " As you wish."

Evelyn peeked around the corner and cleared her throat. Both men turned to her and she smiled slightly," The tea's done."