Chapter 37

James birthday was in five days and the messy haired Gryffindor he decided on only a few friends and a few bottle of firewhiskey. This included the marauders and surprisingly, but not, Evelyn, Nicole, and Marlene.  

Sirius wasn't exactly happy about the boy's decision, constantly complaining about how it was his coming of age birthday and how it was the most important birthday 'ever'.

James's decision had surprised the others as well. Evelyn was secretly relieved, she liked a party every now and then but it would kill her if she had to go to another rager in a span of two weeks. 

Nicole, Marlene, and Sirius on the other hand had something to say, but a swift look from Evelyn or Remus would make them silent on the matter. 

-

The night of James's birthday the group sat at the Gryffindor table, discussing the get together in the kitchen. Due to it being Friday night the teachers were more lenient when it came to other houses sitting at different tales.

Evelyn sat beside her boyfriend, their arms intertwined, " I have an understanding you've secured the drinks, hon," she said glancing up at Sirius.

He smiled down at her before nodding, " Yeah, but it there anything else we would need?"

James's took a bite of pudding before nodding, " Yeah," he said swallowing, " Blankets, pillows- stuff like that,"

Evelyn's eyes widened and she untangled herself from Sirius before practically shoving him out of the way so she could whisper something in James ear. 

Sirius almost fell backwards and he scowled, " Oi!"

James's jaw dropped and his fork fell to the table before he shot up, Evelyn following after him. Tey both raced out of the Great Hall in a frenzy, leaving their confused friends behind.

" Oi! Where are you guys going?!" he shouted, gaining the attention of almost everyone. 

Peter raised an eyebrow before shrugging, " Probably about to get something for the... what are we even calling it?"

" Er- would this be called a communion?" said Nicole.

Marlene shook her head, " No that's a Christian thingy, right?"

Sirius hummed in thought, genuinely thinking about what it would be called. 

Remus sighed, " This conversation isn't totally pointless,"

The Hufflepuff nodded, " Glad you agree, Remus,"

-

Dark eyes watched as the bespectacled boy walked to meet his friends, he led them behind a portrait, looked around then shut it.

Tomorrow, he would give back what he took.

-

James looked around, making sure no one saw him and the others sneak out of the portrait hole. He had come back from the kitchens, leaving Evelyn to round up Marlene and Nicole. 

" What were the two of you doing?" asked Peter.

James gave the group a toothy grin, " Don't worry about it,"

The boys made their way to the kitchen without alerting Filch or the portraits. James's tickled the pair and practically raced through the entrance.

The marauders followed and their mouths opened in awe, before them was the most extravagant pillow fort they had ever come across. 

Obviously the structure was held up by magic, it couldn't possibly stand almost twenty feet in the air  by itself. 

The door opened to reveal Nicole, Marlene, and Evelyn. Evelyn beamed at the girls shocked faces, " Holy shit," breathed Nicole.