Chapter 21

Marlene McKinnon was talking to a fellow Ravenclaw, Alasia Dover. Whom she usually ranted to about how hard it was- well- being Marlene, and in turn, the girl would simply nod along, not really paying attention as Marlene would complain about the same thing over and over.

" I don't understand why almost everyone just adores Truelove." Marlene huffed. Alasia rolled her eyes, for some reason Marlene had never like the Hufflepuff- I mean she was nice enough and wasn't well... Marlene, the way she acted was quite ridiculous actually, but Marlene was her friend.

" I don't know," she replied with a yawn. Marlene didn't respond so Alasia turned to the blonde. " I have to go finish my potions essay, and dinners soon, so I'll see you then," she said walking off.

Marlene rolled her blue eyes and continued her walk. She pinched the bridge of her nose and sighed, ' I'm going to have to get Lily to brew me a potion for these damned headaches!' she thought.

She stopped and sat down on a bench that was next to the charms classroom. A few seconds later the door flew open and Marlene shot up with a shriek.

Marlene's face turned sour when she realized who had scared her. " Blanton! What the hell are you doing?" she demanded. Nicole looked surprised as well, but her face quickly shifted into one of annoyance. " Oh, it's you. I forgot my charms book," she said holding up.

Marlene scowled. " I'd think you were stalking me," she said.

Nicole made a disgusted face. " Why the hell would you think that?!" she asked. Marlene narrowed her blue eyes. " Well you were in the library the same day I was, and let's not forget the bathroom-"

" I was in the bathroom when you walked in! And for the record, I was getting the books for Evelyn!" Nicole shouted cutting her off.

Marlene crossed her arms and smirked. " I'm surprised the whole school hasn't found out yet," she said. Nicole raised an eyebrow. " What are you on about McKinnon?" she asked, also crossing her arms.

Marlene's smirk grew. " That you're a dike," she said with her nose scrunched up.

Nicole was taken back. Only Evelyn knew, and Evelyn wouldn't tell a soul- but Marlene would. In this time period people don't take kindly to homosexuals, and if word got out her life would be shit for the rest of her school years, and so would Evelyn's.

Marlene laughed. " Oh don't worry, I won't tell a soul- unless-"

" You mean blackmail?" Nicole growled. Marlene smiled innocently and nodded. " Uh-huh!" she chirped. " Now it's getting late, see ya later- what do the Americans say?- oh yeah! See ya later faggot," she said laughing, and she sashayed away.

Nicole stood there in a daze. She snapped out of it and ran down the hall, tears burning in the back of her eyes.

!

It was the next day and Nicole and Evelyn were on their way the Quidditch Pitch where the Gryffindors were practicing. She had forgotten to give back Fabian's jumper so she was going to give it to him before she forgot, Nicole tagging along.

 Evelyn thoughts began to trail off to Regulus. She had been tutoring him for the last month and so far he's shown little improvement- but enough to make Slughorn happy. He was less tense around her and accepted her praise with smiles he tried to hide. He didn't complain when she used his name- thing were looking up for her and Regulus.

 Her and Fabian were still going strong, but Evelyn had a feeling he wanted more, and she wasn't ready to give it to him yet. It made her frustrated that she couldn't, but she also knew he was happy for the time being. Fabian wasn't a virgin, she knew this and it made her feel- well like a child. He didn't pressure her or anything- it was mainly her.