Chapter 19

It was the next day and Evelyn and Nicole were on their way to potions. It was pretty early so they were taking their time and not using any of the secret passages they knew. They were quiet, but it was a nice kind of quiet. Nicole's hair was a dark royal purple, and Evelyn's curly hair was pulled up into a messy bun with a few curls escaping from the band.

" I can't believe we only have three more years," Nicole said. Evelyn nodded and looked around the castle, it really was beautiful. " Yeah....."

They stopped when a voice called out. " Oi Truelove!"

Evelyn and Nicole turned toward the voice that echoed down the hall. Fabian Prewett was running down the hall at top speed, when he reached the girls he was slightly out of breath.

" Hey." he wheezed. Evelyn gave a dazzling smile and her cheeks became a tad rosy. "Hi," she said shyly. The tips of Fabian's ears turned red and he rubbed the back of his neck- he was nervous.

Nicole wasn't it idiot so decided to make herself scarce. " Well, Ev imma head over tho ol' Sluggy! See you in a bit!" she yelled as she walked off, leaving the two alone.

Fabian gave Evelyn a small smile, and she returned it. " Soooo... is there anything you wanted to tell me?" she asked awkwardly.

Fabian straightened up. " Oh yeah! Uh- Well you see- The thing is-," he gave a frustrated sigh." I'm rubbish at this." he said more to himself.

" Pardon?" Fabian snapped out of it. " No uh I- Look the first Hogsmeade visit is in two weeks and I was wondering if you don't have any plans that is, if you would like to go- with....me." Fabian's eyes were on his shoes as if they were the most interesting thing in the world. ' I'm an idiot.' he thought.

As Fabian's insecurities were taking over, Evelyn's mind was going into overdrive. She mentally screamed with glee but managed to look calm.

Evelyn smiled. " Like a date?" she asked, scared he was going to say no. Fabian still looking down nodded his head. Her eyes lit up and her smile widened. " I would love to!" she answered. Fabian's head shot up. " Really?" he asked.

Evelyn nodded her head. " Of course- but we have five minutes to get to class so..." Evelyn got closer and kissed him on the cheek. She ran off, her face as red as a tomato.

Fabian just stood there and put a hand to where she kissed. He had a goofy smile on his face, and his eyes looked as if he were stoned. " Heh heh." he giggled.

Her words finally registered and he became sober again. " SHIT!" he yelped, hauling ass to Transfiguration.

!

The rest of the day Evelyn was in a dream-like state, which did not go unnoticed by Nicole. The two girls decided to skip dinner that night to gossip, which was odd but hey they had to be girls sometimes.

" Okay...he asked you out, didn't he?!" Nicole practically squealed in a un-Nicole-like to do.

" He asked me out!" Evelyn repeated throwing herself onto her bed.

The girls talked a little longer before they went to sleep. Evelyn was thinking about joining the Slugclub due to the fact Regulus Black was in it. She had to get him on her side before it was too late.

How would she even get the young Slytherin on her side? Well, she'd have to think of something.

Evelyn rolled over to see Nicole snoring lightly. She smiled at her friend who's blonde hair was an absolute mess. ' I need to tell her.' she thought, but how? Evelyn decided she was going to tell Nicole everything- but she needed to wait and figure out how, or else she would be on a one way trip to St. Mungo's.