Chapter 26

A/N: Howdy Doodly quarantined ppl, if you're bored feel  free to make a collage of any character in the story and send it to me, i'll make sure to feature it in the story.

-

Lindsey was wiping down the kitchen counters when Samson came downstairs, " Love, would you mind making me a cuppa?" he asked grabbing his briefcase and searching through it for a manila folder. 

Lindsey nodded and grabbed an earl grey tea bag, " Hey Sam?" she said quietly.

The blond man looked up and frowned at his usually upbeat wife's tone, " Yes, Lindy?" he asked approaching her from behind.

" Do you think she's doing any better? I mean it just seems she's only close to Nicky," Lindsey grabbed the kettle and placed it on the stove before turning to her husband, " At dinner, Nicole will talk about her friends Stacey, Janette, Jenny, Marlene, Stephen,- Hell I can't even remember half of 'em... and Evelyn- she doesn't seem to have many friends,"

Samson smiled slightly, " You forget love," he said grabbing his wife by the waist and leaned down slightly, " Not everyone is as extroverted as you and prefer to keep their circles small,"

" Evelyn is as much your daughter as she is mine; where she's independent and strong like you, she's quiet and reserved like me." he cupped his wife's tan cheek and placed a light kiss on her ruby red lips.

" I promise my love, if there was something wrong we would already know- courtesy of Nicole of course."

Lindsey felt a weight left off her chest and smiled, " You're right, honey," 

-

Sirius crept through the creaky hallways of Grimmauld Place and made sure not to alert the sleeping portraits on the walls. Luckily his trunk had a light-weight charm cast on it so he didn't have to worry about lugging it down two flights of stairs. 

James had managed to send him some Muggle money for a cab ride to James' house. He recalled how to hail one, basically just yell and wave like a bumbling idiot until they stopped- yeah he could do that.

As Sirius passed Regulus' room he felt his heart grow heavy, but he couldn't worry about that now. His brother would be fine, he was perfect for this family. Absolutely perfect. 

Sirius opened the front door and held his breathe at the same time. He winced at every click and didn't dare breath until the door was open. He moved quickly, placing his trunk on the steps before swiftly shutting the door and hauling ass down the steps.He bent over to grab his trunk it before he could even lift it off the ground he heard a voice from behind.

" So, I'm guessing you're going to the Potters,"

Sirius spun around to see his younger brother looking down at his shoes.

The ebony-haired boy stood frozen, his mouth opening and shutting like a fish trying to breathe.

Regulus let out a bitter laugh before looking up with glassy eyes, " Just go," he whispered.

Sirius swallowed audibly before grabbing his trunk and began walking down the street, not bothering to look back at his brother. 

Regulus watched him go with clenched fist, biting back the urge to beg him to come back, but soon the eldest black disappeared into the night, leaving title, fortune, and expectations to Regulus. 

-

" YOU SICK BASTARD!"

" GET AWAY FROM HER!"

He snickered and got down on one knee," I don't recognize you... half-blood? mudblood?" 

 So slow. The only sound Evelyn could hear was the rapid beating of her own heart. Her own scream falling deaf to her ears.

Numb. 

Evelyn shot up, her heart almost beating out of her chest. She looked around and realized she was in her room. She sighed and placed her hand on her sweaty forehead and sighed. Just a dream.

Evelyn jumped when she heard her door creak open and saw Nicole standing there. " You okay? You were talking in your sleep," 

The brunette nodded, " Uh yeah," she said, " Bad dream,"

Nicole proceeded to walk in and nodded, " You wanna talk about it?"

Evelyn only shrugged, " I can't even remember what was happening...only... only how I felt during it all,"

" Which was?" Nicole asked sitting down next to her friend.

" Helpless, afraid, and then nothing- disbelief? I don't know it's all mushed together," she rambled leaning her head on Nicole's shoulder, " Anyway what are you doing up? It's like one in the morning."

Nicole laughed and held up a paperback book, " Unfortunately, you're rubbing off on me Ev,"

Evelyn raised an eyebrow and took the book from her, " Eurielle, never heard of it,"

Nicole snickered, " One of the rarer 'gay people books'," she snorted.

Evelyn gave it back to Nicole and linked her arms with the blonde and smiled, " How fitting,"