Chapter 43

Evelyn was excited, to say the least, she adored weddings. The venue was beautiful, each table had multiple flowers of different colors. Sabina had said where she was from things were colorful and lively so you had flower girls that would be tossing multi-colored flowers, the cake was white on the outside but on the inside, the layers were each a different color, and floating candles that gave the room a beautiful orange hue.

Evelyn looked down at her and smiled, she wasn't one for a lot of the 70's fashion, so she bought a dress and modified it.

Her mother had taught her various spells when it came to clothes, Evelyn considered herself a frugal person, and she hated parting with comfortable shirts, so these spells came in handy. Since it was winter she had on some black stockings, and a warming charm for when it got cold, even though the wedding was .

Her family was either getting ready, preparing food, planning the seating, or running around the house trying to get children to quiet down. Sabina's family was doing the same.

Sabina's grandmother and Evelyn's grandmother were yelling at a group of Evelyn and Sabina's cousins," Saia deste quarto, estamos tentando nos preparar para o casamento!" Giovana, Sabina's grandmother, yelled in Portuguese.

Lisa pointed at some of Evelyn's cousins," Now y'all get out of this kitchen before I pull a knot in your tail!" she shouted.

David, who was thirteen smiled innocently, " Of course Gran, right away." he bolted off with the others, they were all scared of the old women.

" I'm getting too old for this." Lisa sighed, Giovana nodded," I am as well." Evelyn giggled. She looked up at the clock, 10:09. The wedding was at 2. Sirius said he would be arriving with the Potter's, she had plenty of time.

" Hey, Ed!" Evelyn yelled. Edwin, who was talking to her other cousins Evan and Josie, turned around," What?" he asked.

" Come on we're heading to the place where the wedding's gonna be at," she said taking out her wand. Edwin nodded, he and Evan took out their wands, ready to apparate.

" Wait a second, what about me?" Josie asked. Edwin shook his head," Sorry Jo, you're gonna have to walk."

Evelyn rolled her eyes and took hold of Josie's wrist. Evan snickered," Just kidding Jo." With three pops, they were gone.

!

Sirius looked at himself in the mirror, a muggle tuxedo. Sirius sighed, dressing like this reminded him of when he was younger. His mother would always take the time to dress him and Regulus up in their best clothes when they were just going out for an hour or two.

Sirius was raised like royalty, he was taught French by personal tutors, he knew how to play the piano, he knew how to flatter people with few words, and he was taught to ballroom dance. Manners and etiquette were drilled into him since he could walk. His handwriting was calligraphy compared to his classmates, and no matter how hard he tried to write sloppy, he would always fail.

James was dressed the same way, he wore a bow tie instead of a tie though. His mother kept trying to flatten his hair slightly, but every time it would come back up. Much to James's delight, and his mother's irritation.

" I'm going to go ahead and go, Ev may want me there beforehand." James nodded," Okay I'll tell mum, wait do you know where it is?" Sirius nodded," Yeah it's near that park we go by sometimes, I can just walk from there."

" Okay, it's a pity you can't take your new bike," James said with a grin. Sirius smiled. The Potter's had gotten him a motorcycle for Christmas, but Sirius saw it when he went to go get the mail. He'd only driven it twice, and he couldn't wait to do it again.