Chapter 14

The people at The Daily Prophet were having a field day. News of the death eater's bold move to attack Diagon Alley was front page. -

' The attack in Diagon Alley was unexpected, to say the least, The attack left fifteen Aurors injured and five dead. Around 9 o'clock yesterday morning death eaters showed up in Diagon Alley, no one knows why they decided to do it but it's still being investigated ( see page 2 for details). Aurors showed up immediately and started dueling death eaters. After about forty-five minutes the death eaters called retreat. Sixteen death eaters were captured, and almost half of them were arrested due to a civilian named ' Lindsey Truelove' of ' Truelove's Goods'. I was able to get a word with Mrs. Truelove and she had this to say- " I had to get outside to cast some protective charms over the shop where my daughter and a few customers were when a death eater grabbed me from behind. When he grabbed me he broke my pearl necklace hence why I fought as I did." I also asked her about her dueling skills, and she replied- "Well I went to school during the '40s, so WWII was happening, and my school ' Ilvermorny' wanted to make sure we were well protected, so we all took dueling classes." The people are worried and fearful of more attacks. You- Know- Who seems to be getting stronger each passing day, as well as gaining more followers what --

" Mom! Your name is in the paper!" yelled Jemison coming in the door.

It was the morning after the events in Diagon Alley, and Lindsey Truelove along with her family and guest were sitting down having breakfast. " I know sugga' come sit down and have some breakfast," she said gesturing to the two girls who were stuffing their faces with food.

Samson ran a hand through his graying hair," I still can't believe you did that." he said. Lindsey gave a tinkling laugh " Oh come on Sam! It felt good exercising, but now I'm sore." she said. Evelyn giggled at her parent's exchange. " Hey mom, what are we doing for Christmas?" Evelyn asked. Lindsey smiled " Well I know that Remus and James are at Hogwarts for the holidays so I was thinking of inviting the Potters and Lupins over for dinner, Christmas Eve that is." she said, taking a mallet to a steak.

Nicole looked up curiously. " Mrs. Truelove why are you cooking a steak if it's just breakfast?" she asked, watching the petite woman practically beat the steak.

Lindsey laughed. " Well love this steak is for dinner, and I'm letting it marinate in some sauce," she said continuing. Nicole nodded and went back to eating.

~w~

James and his friends were eating breakfast when owls flew in. James untied the Daily Prophet from the owl's leg and gave it some bacon, then it flew off. He unfolded the paper and took a sip of pumpkin juice.

He almost spat out the juice once he read the article. He jumped up and ran towards the doors screaming " I NEED TO OWL EV!"

The remaining three boys looked down at the paper to see a picture of a woman throwing a curse at three death eaters, causing them to be thrown backward.

" Bloody hell." Sirius breathed, realizing it was the woman from the bakery.

~w~

It was the day before Christmas and Evelyn had just finished owling her presents for the boys. A few days before James had sent her a letter expressing how much of a 'badass' her mom was. Other than that Evelyn hadn't heard of him, but Nicole and her had been having a wonderful time doing nothing but eating and watching the TV Evelyn's father had picked up. At the moment they were watching a 'new' episode of Bewitched™.

" I swear Darrin is the husband I would punch in the face," said Evelyn, glaring at the tv. Nicole nodded. " Yeah if I was Samantha I would have told him he was lucky to have a witch for a wife! I mean we can't just wave our hands and get what we want- I wish it was like that- but in that world, they could live in a mansion and call people to rub their feet, or feed them! Ungrateful swine!" she yelled.

Evelyn nodded in agreement and was about to say something, but Jem walked through the door, throwing a bag of presents on the table.

" UGGHH!" he groaned throwing himself next to Nicole on the couch. Jem's hair was ruffled and there were lipstick stains on his cheek. Nicole cackled at the sight.

"Whoa Jem I think that color looks great on you," she said eyeing the ruby red color. He glared at the purple haired girl.

Evelyn raised an eyebrow at the presents on the table. " What happened to you?" she asked. He looked down at Evelyn, who was sitting on the floor.

" I was just doing my job when your classmates happened!" he hissed. " I called to Madame Rosmerta telling her I was heading home when all of a sudden I'm surrounded by teenage girls shoving presents in my face, and KISSING my cheek!" he shouted. "I mean I felt violated! They kissed me without my consent, and basically harassed me! It already pisses me off when I have to tell drunk guys to piss off women during my night shift, but Morgana's tits!" he finished in a huff.

" Well, that's what H.H.T.G's can do to ya," Nicole said, taking a swig of her sweet tea. Jemison raised an eyebrow. "What?" he asked. Nicole and Evelyn sighed and began to speak in unison. " Horny Hormonal Teenage Girls." If Jemison was creeped out by their monotone voices he didn't say anything.

~w~

" Girls come down guests are here!"

Nicole and Evelyn came downstairs dressed in sweaters and jeans.

" Why are you girls dressed so casual?! We have guests!" cried Mrs. Truelove.

Evelyn gave huff, " Mom come on, we look fine." she whined, looking at her mother's dress. Her mom sighed " Whatever." she said, rushing to greet the guest who knocked on the door.

"FOOD, FOOD, FOOD!" chanted Nicole as she danced to the dining room.Evelyn laughed and followed her friend. "Come on girls!" shouted Mrs. Truelove from the dining room.

~w~

" Ev! WAKE UP IT'S CHRISTMAS!" Nicole shouted, jumping up and down on Evelyn's bed. Evelyn immediately jumped up, causing Nicole to fall to the ground. Evelyn grabbed her friend and dragged her downstairs, ignoring her protests.

The aroma of cookies, eggs, bacon, grits, pancakes, waffles, and cinnamon buns hit Evelyn and Nicole like a train. Jemison was also woken up by the smell, and he came down the stairs and stared as their mother pulled cookies out of the oven.

" Oh my god." he moaned. Nicole started snorting. " Now now don't get a boner." she whispered nudging him with her elbow.

Jemison's face began turning red. "You shouldn't know about that- you are eleven!" he said, shrilly.

" Now Jemison, I know I can cook but you don't have to moan like a cat in heat," Mrs. Truelove said with pursed lips.

~w~

Sirius and his friends woke up to see presents at the foot of their beds. Sirius was surprised, he never got presents.

 Quickly he jumped up and began opening them. From James he got some things from Zonkos and candy, Remus gave him candy, Peter did as well. He thought he got them all, but he saw one at the bottom of the stack. It was wrapped in red paper, with a simple golden bow on the top. He began opening it and a note fell off.

You're okay Black- E.F.T

The handwriting was slightly messy but elegant in its own way, he put the note down and began to pull out the present. It was a t-shirt with the words 'Led Zepplin' It was soft so he guessed he was supposed to sleep in it, and he got a bag of candy.

He looked down at the shirt and frowned, ' What did that even mean? Maybe it was a good luck charm?' he thought while touching the odd symbol on the shirt. He looked around to see his friends opening presents as well. He smiled, this truly was the best Christmas.

~w~

Evelyn and Nicole had finished opening presents and thanking everyone. Evelyn got a potions kit from her mom, which she loved. Nicole got sweaters and food from Ev, so she was happy.They walked back up to her room, and when she shut the door Nicole pulled her into a hug and whispered 'Thank you.'