Chapter 9

It had been over two weeks since she had insulted Sirius Black, but right now that didn't matter. It was September 1st and the Hogwarts Express would leave in exactly two hours.

Evelyn was freaking out. She had gotten her plain Hogwarts robes, and wand: Redwood with a phoenix feather core; 10'. She had read up on magic in Europe, her mother and brother told her the key to silent spells due to the fact in Europe you're taught verbal spells at first.

Jemison had even let her use his own wand to try out an easy spell verbally then silent. Oddly, she found verbal spells to be more difficult than silent ones, not that the spell casting thing was a breeze in itself, but with time she'd become better.

 " Evelyn it's time to go!" her mother yelled. Biscuit was already in his carrier, dozing. Evelyn looked down, at what she the

She gathered her things and went to say goodbye to her parents, as she was being picked up by Fleamont and Euphemia Potter.

!

 She and James arrived at the platform both a nervous wreck but also filled with childish excitement. They carried their trunks down the platform getting the occasional odd look a muggle, or No-Maj, in Evelyn's case. 

As they approached the wall between nine and ten, Evelyn's heart began to race, she had thought of this moment over and over but that didn't help the fact she was terrified.

After Mrs. Potter and Mr. Potter gave them instructions, they told Evelyn to go. Without a second thought, she bounded toward the wall squeezing her eyes shut in the process. 

Foosh. She opened her eyes only to close them again as she ran into another girls cart. When she rammed into cart the impact made her fly over her own and knock the girl to the ground.

James had just come through the barrier with his mom and dad. He looked around for Evelyn, then noticed her on top of a blonde girl. " Mum there she is! Ev, are you all right?" he asked, running over to her.

Evelyn quickly got up and tried to help the girl up. " I'm so sorry! Are you ok?" she asked worriedly. The girl snapped out of her daze and gave Evelyn a sour look. " Why'd ya do that?!" she snapped. The girl's blonde hair started turning a strawberry blonde then a dark red. She's a metamorphmagus, Evelyn thought.

After the initial shock wore off, Evelyn glared slightly at the girl. " Hey, I said I was sorry, and it's not like I was trying to run you over," she stated, crossing her arms. James stood there watching the two girls, wondering if they were going to start pulling each others hair, but he knew Ev would start throwing punches if it came down to it.

The girl huffed and started picking up her things. " Look... I'm sorry- or whatever, I'm just nervous, I'm starting my first year," she said, her hair starting to fade to its natural blonde.

Evelyn's frown dropped and shook her head in an understanding manner. " Yeah, I am too," she said helping the girl pick up her stuff. " I'm Evelyn by the way." The girl took her bag from Evelyn and smiled. " Nicole," she stated simply.

James looked at the girls and shook his head. Girls are weird, he thought. " Hey I'm not sitting with anybody on the train, do you want to find a compartment with me?" Evelyn asked. Nicole gave her a thankful smile and nodded. James looked astounded, " And what am I, Dragon dung!?" he exclaimed. Evelyn turned to him and smiled " You and Remus can sit together, I have a feeling you and I won't be in the same house." she finished.

James rolled his eyes. " Don't say that Ev, you and I both know you're a total Gryffindor," he said with a smile. " Whatever but you're still going to sit with Remus, and.." she trailed off as she saw the Black brothers and their parents on the other side of the platform, giving their son a rather formal good-bye.