Chapter 20

" Evelyn!" Nicole shouted while trying to shake her friend awake. It was about two in the morning and Nicole and the rest of the girls were woken up by Evelyn screaming bloody murder. She was thrashing and clawing at the air all the while screaming at the top of her lungs. Nicole tried to restrain her but surprisingly Evelyn wasn't as weak as she seemed. The brunette managed to throw Nicole off the bed.

"NO!" Evelyn shrieked.

Nicole stumbled to her feet horrified and turned to the other girls. " Tabitha, Epina- go get Professor Sprout!" she barked. The two girls nodded and ran to the door. " Stacey help me try and wake Evelyn up!"

Stacey ran over and started shaking and pinning Evelyn down. Nothing seemed to be working. " STOP PLEASE! DON'T HURT HIM!" she screamed.

At that moment Professor Sprout wobbled in and pointed her wand at Evelyn's chest and yelled, " Rennervate!"

Evelyn stopped screaming and thrashing and went limp. Alarmed, Nicole tried to wake her up, but all she got were her eyes opening a little and then fluttering shut. Prof. Sprout conjured a stretcher and magically lifted Evelyn onto it.

" She will be spending the night at the hospital wing- you may visit tomorrow, get some sleep now," she said shutting the door behind her.

Nicole didn't sleep.

!

" Now Pomona please tell me what happened," Poppy said looking at the unconscious Hufflepuff. Pomona frowned, she would never admit it but Evelyn was one of her favorite students. Always smiling, friendly, loyal, and caring. Pomona sat down next to the bed and sighed. " I haven't the slightest clue. The girls told me Evelyn started having a sort of fit! I went into the room and Ms. Blanton and Ms. Bodes were holding the girl down, trying to wake her up." she finished in a whisper.

Madame Pomfrey looked over the girl and noticed she was rather pale and shaking. She frowned and turned to Prof. Sprout. " I'll give her some Dreamless Sleep potion, she'll wake up at about three tomorrow."

Pomona nodded. She got up said goodbye and left.

!

News of Evelyn's state spread through the Hufflepuff house like wildfire. Nicole was particularly annoyed with all the questions and told anyone to ask to bugger off, claiming it wasn't any of their business. Fabian found her after class while Nicole was sitting down pretending to read. " Hey Blanton, have you've seen Evelyn yet?" he asked.

Nicole groaned and put the book down, " NO, because that old cow won't let me!" she responded angrily.

Fabian frowned. " Well.... we'll just have to sneak in," he said with an evil glint in his eye.

A grin that could put the Cheshire cat to shame grew across Nicole's face. " I like the way you think Prewett."

!

Remus groaned. The full moon had been rough the previous night, and he was sore and exhausted. He looked over at the small clock beside his bed. 2:56 PM, it read. Remus sighed, classes would be over soon.

Knowing Madame Pomfrey, his friends wouldn't be allowed in the Hospital Wing. He groaned as he tried to sit up. He looked down, it was the usual cuts and bruises, nothing exactly new. He felt disgusting and dirty, and it wasn't because he had been in the woods all night. He was disgusted by the creature that lived inside him, the scars on his face and body would always be there to remind him of it.

These thoughts kept coming until he heard a hoarse voice. " Remus?"

Remus almost fell out of the bed with surprise. He looked over to his left and saw Evelyn. Her eyes were bloodshot, her usually messy hair looked like a birds nest, and her cheerful eyes were rather dull and tired. " Evelyn!," he gasped " What happened to you?"