Chapter 62: It Was Short, but Never Boring

Eurielle Nicole Black was born August 17, 1980

Eurielle was now a week old, and Evelyn couldn't be happier. Despite her lower than average weight, she was a healthy baby, and so sweet. Eurielle was a good baby, she slept when she was supposed to and unlike Harry and Neville, she didn't scream bloody murder when her diaper was full or she was hungry or sleepy, she would just softly wail, and Evelyn found the sound heartwarming and heartbreaking at the same time- like when a puppy whines.

Sirius and Evelyn would take turns dragging themselves out of bed, and at one point even considering getting a house elf. Harry and Eurielle were their worlds, the couple doubted they ever loved two things as much as them.

!

Evelyn was rocking Eurielle, who they had decided to call 'Ellie', to sleep. She felt giddy as she heard the baby's soft snores, she was so cute, the most beautiful thing on Earth, and she loved her with all her heart.

Evelyn didn't realize she was humming, she never did, but it seemed that the humming had helped put the baby to sleep. She heard a soft knock on the door and turned to see Sirius who was smiling softly.

He really was a great dad, and when she saw him with Eurielle her heartfelt as if it could burst. He walked over and gave Eurielle a soft kiss on the forehead and Evelyn a chaste peck on the lips.

" How is everything?" he whispered. She smiled," Everything's fine love." she whispered back.

Sirius sighed," You know I worry." he muttered.

Evelyn's eyes softened," We're not going to disappear honey." she replied, extending her free hand to cup his face," I'm not going anywhere." she said firmly looking him in the eye. He nodded, but she knew he was still bothered.

The Bones family had been slaughtered a few days ago, and Edgar Bones wasn't even recognizable. Three children had been killed, along with the rest. Little Susan Bones was left orphaned, but her aunt, Amelia Bones, had taken guardianship over her.

Evelyn could hold her own, she'd made it this far in life, she'd survived and wasn't planning on going down anytime soon. And if those bastards think about laying a hand on her baby.

They can fucking try.

!

September

Eurielle was a little over a month old. Her eyes weren't really blue anymore, but a cloudy gray. Harry's eyes were turning into a greenish color that everyone suspected to be Lily's emerald color.

Evelyn was praying that Eurielle would get Sirius's silver eyes, it would just be the perfect combination of both of them.

Orion had come to visit again and Eurielle took to him immediately and snuggled into his chest. He had held her awkwardly at first but with some help from Evelyn, he'd gotten it right.

" She's beautiful," he said. Sirius's chest puffed up with pride while Evelyn beamed," Doesn't look anything like her father." Orion added with a smirk.

Sirius deflated slightly and rolled his eyes," Are you going to always insult me when you come barging in?" he deadpanned.

Evelyn hit him in the arm," Don't be rude." she reprimanded.

Sirius's jaw dropped," He started it!"

-

October

Eurielle's curls had gotten thicker and longer and her big silver eyes were full of wonder and curiosity. She was a very curious baby. Always grabbing things and studying them.