Chapter 57: Don't Let Me Regret Trusting You

Lindsey was washing dishes, not bothering to use magic. She needed to keep busy, she couldn't let every little thing remind her of Nicole. She needed to be strong, for Evelyn.

A sigh left her nose, she had to be strong.

She looked to the left side of the sink to see a single dish left- a big spoon.

" Fuck me," she whispered, throwing the sponge down into the sink and wiping her hands on a dishtowel. Maybe she should call Evelyn and see how she and Sirius are doing in that new house of theirs.

It still bothered Lindsey that the two had gotten a house together, I mean they weren't engaged or even married? What if they broke up? Who would get the house? Who would get the furniture?

At the same time, she thought it was too soon for the couple to get married, they were both so young and had the rest of their twenties to figure out what the hell they wanted to do, all they had was time.

Suddenly there was a knock at the door and Lindsey froze, smoothing down her light blue dress and fixing her pearls she made her way over to the door, " Sirius?" she asked, looking behind him for Evelyn.

" Just me, Mrs. T, " he said with a smile.

Lindsey raised an eyebrow but stepped away for him to come in, " What brings you here alone, sugga'," she asked cheerfully, making her way to the kitchen to pour them both a drink.

Sirius followed her and rubbed the back of his neck, " Well I needed to talk to you about something,"

Lindsey flashed him a bright, " Of course, I'm always here if you need me," she said turning to him as she poured a glass of tea.

Sirius opened his mouth and then closed it, " I... I want to ask Evelyn to marry me,"

Lindsey's eyes bulged out of her head and she dropped the glass to the floor, not paying any attention to it shattering," W-What?" she stammered in disbelief.

Sirius's eyes went to the cup on the floor, " Er- I um want to ask her to marry me,"

The older woman sat down the pitcher and seemed to struggle with finding the words she was going to say next, " She... Jesus Christ, she's pregnant ain't she!" she shouted accusingly.

Sirius's eyes widened comically, " I- I didn't say that!" he squeaked, holding his hands up in surrender.

" So she is!" Lindsey shouted back.

" I-,"

Lindsey slammed her hand on the counter, " Don't you lie to me in my own damn house Sirius Black!"

In the man in question wanted to evaporate. His palms began to sweat and he could have sworn his bollocks shriveled up. His silver eyes darted from the windows to the doors, could he escape? Or would he die trying?

" She might be a little bit!" he croaked, deciding the safest thing to do was to be honest with her and pray to whatever the hell was out there to deliver him.

" Shit!" stated Lindsey, pacing around the room, " I- Have y'all talked about gettin' married?!" she asked pitifully.

Sirius grimaced, " I mean- we might have not... but hell we're living together, she's pregnant, and y' know we love each other? So that's what comes next, right?"

Lindsey barred her teeth, " No dumbass, the kid isn't supposed to come until after that!"

Sirius shrugged with apologetic eyes, " Well um we can't really change that now," he said quietly, looking at his shoes.