Chapter 35

It felt like Nicole never saw Evelyn anymore because she was always with Sirius. Nicole turned her anger towards the Gryffindor for 'taking away' her best friend, but at the same time, she had been a little distant too. She spent the majority of her time with Marlene who, unfortunately, she had developed a crush on.

Which was bad for obvious reasons, Nicole knew Marlene ' played for the other team', but she couldn't help it. Marlene could stand her ground, she was bold, smart, fun, and sexy.

Nicole wanted to bang her head against a fucking wall, why were girls so pretty? Why couldn't she just turn off her feelings? Why couldn't she just be straight, it would make things so much easier.

The blonde thought about what Evelyn would say and smile slightly at the thought of the small girl with her hands on her hips, " Nic, you are who you are, and you should be proud because no one could ever compare to how amazing you are,"

Nicole closed her green eyes and smiled, Okay, she would.

-

!

" Hey Nic, I have an idea," Marlene said.

It was a late January afternoon, Sirius and Evelyn were off somewhere, and Marlene and Nicole were in the kitchens.

" What?" Nicole asked taking a sip of pumpkin juice.

Marlene smiled," Tonight let's go to the Astronomy Tower."

Nicole frowned, she didn't care if she broke the rules, she just didn't want Evelyn mad at her," I don't know-"

" Oh c'mon! It'll be fine, and besides, we know our way around the school pretty well." Marlene winked," So, are you up for it?"

Nicole sat down her pumpkin juice," Why not?"

!

11:54 PM

Nicole and Marlene were running with all their might to the Astronomy Tower, minutes ago they were seen by Mrs. Norris who chased them at full speed.

Nicole grabbed Marlene's hand and shoved her into a broom closet, going in as well then shutting the door behind her. Marlene gave a breathy chuckle," Well that was fun." she wheezed.

Nicole caught her breath," I hate that fucking cat."

Marlene giggled then grabbed Nicole's hand and pulled her out of the closet. They set off to the tower, arriving minutes later.

It really was beautiful, the crescent moon, the stars, not a cloud in the sky." Wow." Marlene breathed. She sat down at the edge and let her feet hang off. Nicole followed and did the same.

" When I was little I would bother my mum non-stop to take me outside at night." Marlene said softly," She never really had time... but when she did she would."

Nicole frowned," My parents, they thought our family was the center of the universe, they believed we and other purebloods were practically royalty. I never really saw them now that I think about it, they usually got the house elves to look after me. They.... were shit parents." she said bitterly.

Marlene frowned slightly," But you have others, others that care about you." she said firmly.

Nicole looked up and smiled at her," You're right."

They stared at each other for a few seconds, there was a comfortable silence until, " Hey Nicole can I tell you something?" Nicole nodded, " Of course."

A large grin stretched across Marlene's face, " I think I like tits."

-

Deep blue eyes watched as Sirius swooped down and kissed Evelyn. It felt as if someone had grabbed his heart and squeezed. He watched with anger, envy, and sadness. His brother always got what he wanted, but this time he'd taken the only thing that kept Regulus sane.