Excuses

Alaina's POV

There's a chanting in my head.

Kill, kill, kill, they hurt what's ours, kill, kill, kill.

I know it's my beast wanting me to destroy any and everything that has harmed our mate. She isn't even fully awake yet and she's already trying to influence me again, I know it will only get worse the closer she gets to full awakening. So I have to deal with this before I end up slaughtering the whole hunter community.

The people in the room looked shocked as if they couldn't believe what they'd just seen.

I went into my quiet place. The place I go inside myself when I kill, where nothing matters, nothing has any meaning. I know my eyes have gone cold and dead because everyone in the room takes an instinctive step back, even if they didn't mean too. You know that feeling you get when there's a predator in the room and you're the prey? and one wrong movement will dray attention to you?

They do now.

"You have two minutes to tell me why my mate was nearly killed, why she has been beaten daily and why no one here has done anything to help her or prevent it." Pulling out one of the confrence table chairs I sat down and crossed one leg over the other.

"In those two minutes, if I'm not satisfied with your answers, I will begin to kill you one at a time." I reached behind my back and pulled out my customized beretta and placed it calmly on the table.

"Call your guards or security if you want, it will just be more people for me to kill. If anything that has nothing to do with my mate leaves your mouths, I will kill you. If you don't answer within the two minute time limit, I will kill you. If anything insulting towards my mate comes out of your mouth, I will kill you. Please belive me ladies and gentlemen, people will die today in this room. All who harmed my mate will die. But you get to choose how many die today. So please answer carefully and truthfully."

"You may begin. Your two minutes start now."

They all looked at me as if I was insane. I tapped my hand to the watch on my wrist and they all jumped.

"Um. Who is your mate?" The only female council member ventured to ask.

"Kassandra Blake" I say. Nothing else to add.

"That bitches..........

BOOM!!

Another council member started but couldn't finish as there was a large bullet hole in the center of his head. I had already put my gun back on the table by the time his body decided it wanted to fall. I leaned back in my seat and motioned for them to continue.

They kept looking between me and the body in horror. I tapped my wrist again.

"M-ms. Blake has d-done n-nothing to d-deserve the w-way that she has b-been treated." The woman stuttered out.

Another male council member started. "We apologize for the way she has been treated but you can't expect us to protect one little girl whose own parents didn't even want any.....

BOOM!!!

Another body drops to the floor. I place my gun down again.

"Please stop!" The woman screams. "We're sorry, we'll fix it. I swear." She begins to cry. "Please just stop."

"Times up." I get up out of my seat and they all try to disappear into the wall in the other side of the room.

As I walk towards them I place my gun back in it's holster.

"See, I've already read all of your minds and I know which of you had no knowledge of the torture my mate was induring and which of you encouraged it." I stop standing in front of the youngest looking council member.

"Anything to say?" I ask his terrified looking face.

Fast as lightning, he pulls out a dagger and stabs it towards my chest. I could dodge it easily and kill him a thousand different ways, but I want the remaining council to understand something.

The blade tears through my shirt and skin, muscle and finally lodges itself inside my heart. I duck my head down to watch it's progress.

Everyone in the room gasps. I look back up at the boys smug face and give him a smile. I know its an ugly smile because there is a wet stain forming on his pants leg. I reached for the blade still in my chest and pull it out slowly. The people in the room suck in a breath again. I was watching the boys shifty eyes and knew he was gonna run.

Before he could finish the thought I was behind him, my left hand at his throat, my right hand still holding his blade.

"You see, Mr.Wessman here not only encouraged the beatings on Kassandra, he also assisted in a few before he became a council member."

I used the blade to cut away the shirt from his body. Those in the room watched on in terror.

"I want you all to watch this very closely because if any of you hurt or plan to hurt my mate, this will be one of the many fates that await you."

No more talking.

I took the blade and made a deep slit on one his wrists, he started to breathe heavily. I made another deep slit in the femoral artery in in his thigh. I slit his other thigh, then his other wrist, one side of his neck then the other. Blood started to pool on the floor and he started to go weak in my grip. When he was close to death I finally slit his throat, he gargled on the reamaining blood in his body, then I returned his blade to him by stabbing him in the heart.

I dropped his body on the floor and stepped out of the blood around my feet and made my way out of the room.

I told you that I wasn't a nice person. Did you forget?