Mother

Aliana's POV

"Hello daughters, I've missed you." The woman said and I saw a few tears escape Kera's eyes.

She walked away from the portal and the pure evil that I had felt and was still feeling was all coming from her. She stopped on one side of the car and Kera opened the other side and we all got out.

Her gaze swept past everyone before they paused on Kera, then a frown lit her face when she looked at Kassandra. They paused on Lana and Dustin until finally stopping on me.

A smile lit her face and I shivered.

"Aliana, daughter I've come to get you. It's time for you to fulfill the prophecy and destroy the Light."She said and I frowned.

Krii was growling in my head, telling me to back away from her and I felt Kassandra's hand tighten on mine meaning she felt the same way.

"Saline? Is that really you? I thought you were lost to the ages." Lana said with tears streaming down her face as she went to go run around the car and hug the woman but Dalton quickly pulled her back and wrapped his arms tightly around her.

"What are you doing Dalton?! That is our daughter, let me go!!" Lana shouted at him as she fought to get away.

Dalton just held her tighter while glaring at the woman.

"It's ok father I won't hurt her." The woman Saline said with that same smile on her face.

She turned away from the struggling couple and looked at Kera before looking at Kassandra.

"Aliana, you must go, this woman is dangerous and means our mate harm." Krii growled in my head.

The womans eyes snapped back to mine and she titled her head to the side and waved her hand behind her.

Another dimensional portal opened and I immediately turned and wrapped Kassandra in my arms and was ready to teleport us away when Kera screamed and I looked over at her and she had a terrified look on her face and I looked over my shoulder back at Saline.

In that instant I knew that I had just made a terrible mistake.

Black chains shot out of the portal heading straight for me and Kassandra. Without thinking about it I shoved her away from me.

I felt the cold metal if the chains as the shackles snapped closed around my wrists and ankles and started dragging me back.

Scar and Fen transformed and charged at Saline and she brushed them away with barely a flick of her wrist.

When the others saw what was happening they all tried to fight her but she just batted them away as if they were annoying flies.

Kassandra had summoned her sword and was charging towards Saline with a detemined look on her face as the chains continued dragging me towards the portal.

Saline summoned a sword of her own and she was able to hold Kassanda off with one hand. I watched as her blade managed to slice Kassandra's arm and that made me furious.

"Give me control!!!" Krii screamed and for the first time in forever, I willingly gave her control over me.

I watched as she pulled with all her might on the chains and broke the one on her wrist as the rest strained.

Saline had paused in her fight against Kassandra and flung her back as three more chains shot out of the portal, but theses wern't like the others.

Two of the chains had barbed tips and they tore through my shoulders and hooked on. The last one was a collar and it snapped tightly around my neck snapping my head back forcefully.

Blood poured from my shoulders as Krii and I continued to fight.

The others had gotten back up by now and I was only a few feet away from the portal as Krii fought with everything she had to free us, but there was something about these chains that just seemed to be weakening us.

"It's useless to fight daughter." Saline said and Krii growled at her and continued trying to break the chains.

Kassnadra, Fen and Scar came at her from one side while Lana,Kera and Dalton came from the other. She dodged all of their attacks while delivering bone breaking hits to them.

Kassandra broke off from the melee and ran to me and wrapped her hands around the shackle around my neck and tried to pull it off

"Why won't it break!!!" She screamed as she tugged at it with tears streaming down her face.

"Because it's a special kind of metal made just for the two of you." Saline said from directly behind Kassandra as she raised her sword.

I took control of my body from Krii and pushed Kassandra down to the side as Saline's blade whistled through the air where Kassandra had once been and struck me in my side.

"Tsk, tsk. That won't do, can't have you dying already." Saline said and kicked me in my jaw. 

The two wounds in my shoulders, the wound from the sword and the chains were weakening me and I could feel myself losing strength.

Kassandra jumped up and launched herself at Saline only to be met with a fist to the face.

I looked around found the others all layed out on the side of the road and Fen stumbling to his feet.

Kassandra groaned and I locked eyes with her and smiled. Her eyes widend as more tears streamed down her face as she scrambled on her hands and knees to reach me.

We both knew she wasn't going to make it in time.

"I love you, I'll find a way back to you, I promise." Was the last thing I said as the chains finally overpowered me and pulled me into the portal and it slammed shut in front of my eyes but not before I heard the most heart breaking howl I had ever heard as I was pulled through the darkness.

The End. Seriously it's the end. *pouts*

I know your all going to be all
"how can you just end the book like that?" but sorry guys it had to end there.

Good news though.

There's going to be a second book!!!!!

I'm working on it right now but it going to be a little while before it's ready. Sorry :-(

More good news. I've got some new books coming up. Hopefully I'll have them out by Saturday, Sunday the latest.

Anyway, thanks for reading the books guys. *two finger salute* Catch you later.